Zoic Black Market Shorts

Zoic Black Market Shorts

When you canAAAt get the goods at the big mart, you have to look for other sources. Similarly, the ZOIC MenAAAs Black Market Bike Short has an urge to explore trails that the mainstream hasnAAAt wiped out yet. ZOICAAAs durable, breathable, and stretchy blend of nylon and spandex adapts to any environment your search takes you to, and a comfortable integrated ZO-Wick cycle pad helps protect you from getting shafted on the trail. ZOIC even added its Signature Fusion Gusset and side stretch panels for fit and flexibility.

[Aug 15, 2017]
fred nj

Strength:

very comfortable, strong long lasting, yes loose fitting and I am husky, alot of useful pockets, removable padding not sewn into shorts, using these for 2 years and love them so much purchased another backup pair, do not want to ride without them if one self destructs

great comfortable shorts for biking.. do not like the one piece shorts that liner is not removable this liner is

[Nov 07, 2013]
silentG

Strength:

Real belt, pockets, comfortable, well made, durable

Can be a bit warm in the summer time, liner can feel a bit like a diaper when walking around

I have been using these for over 6 months now. Prior to the Black Market I have used Pearl Izumi Canyon and Hoss Ponderosa.

Hoss doesn't exist anymore as far as I know but as a reference point the Black Market is better in every way.

The Canyon was my benchmark short for nearly a year and a half and the only shortcoming for the Canyon compared to the Black Market is the lack of pockets (plural) and a lack of a belt.

It seems like I'm always pulling my PI Canyon up during a ride but I can ride with the Black Market and not have to mess with the shorts - no pulling them up, no getting caught on the saddle nose, etc. The has been true on rides where I have neglected to attach the liner to the short at the waist.

It is also worth mentioning that the Black Market has a real belt and not a half-assed partial sewn in belt like the Hoss Ponderosa had.

I picked up a second pair of the Black Market and the liner seems slightly less bulky when walking around compared to my first pair so this could be a tweak by Zoic. When riding the liner is comfortable and works well.

It seems a bit lame to ding the Canyon for having a single pocket but the Black Market is nice for having several pockets which I use before/after rides for carrying wallet, keys, etc.

Bottom line here is for the money you get a quality comfortable short that has proven to be very durable. There might be better shorts out there but I can't see how they would be significantly better or how better would appeal to a broad spectrum of users.

[Aug 15, 2012]
too many

Strength:

None!

I'm sorry guys, I know everyone loves these but I hate 'em. I rode 'em 30 miles, changed back into my fox shorts and gave these zoic's away 'on the spot' to this dude that wanted 'em. They look stupid (don't get blue, it's 'smurf' blue), they feel formal, not casual and baggy. The liner/padding is useless, utterly, completely useless. Don't get em unless your riding maybe four miles or so and want to look 'spiffy'. Very, very, very disappointed in these shorts.........Who cares about the pockets, that's what your hydration pack is for, besides, the material is so feathery and flimsy, anything you put in your pockets would be immediately cumbersome. I hate these things, feel stupid for buyin' 'em based on 'other' reviews on 'other' sites. My arse hurts, these were worse than wearing regular shorts without liner/padding. Pain/ouch, utterly useless I swear. So...that's it I guess.

I cannot believe how comfortable my fox baggy shorts are, and the liner/padding is well thought out and it works.

Nema Jewel. Fox.

[Jun 02, 2009]
Fullylugged

Strength:

Light, strong material. Fits great. Plenty of pockets. Good padded, removable liner.

Pocket Velcro is too grippy. Tough to open on the move.

Great shorts. Get them on sale for under 50 bucks.

Zoic Ether, MUSA shorts, Ascent.