Voler Team Short Shorts

Team or Women's
  • Specs:
    8 panel anatomical cut
    Sublimated side panels
    Woven gripper at leg hem
    Clean hemmed elastic at waist
  • Chamois:
    NuSuede Baseball, seamless Monolith or Cantara Pad
  • Colored Bottoms in:
    Royal Blue, Navy, Red, Green or Violet

• User Reviews (18)

el_scorcho   Weekend Warrior [Jul 28, 2009]
    Strength:

Very comfortable, padding is awesome.

Road chewed them up fairly easy.

Wore these shorts for a year and loved them. They held up well after many washes, but not so much to asphalt. Took a spill the other day and they ripped on my left hip, and I was wearing shorts over them too. Got some nice road-rash and scars down my leg for show. Think I will try to sew them up myself and see how they feel before ordering another pair.

Similar Products Used: First short, first bike, just started riding.
    David   Cross Country Rider [Jun 02, 2003]
    Strength:

These are the most comfortable shorts I have ever worn. The pad is awesome and they hold up as well as any short I've paid too much for.

none.

This is the best short I've ever worn, regardless of price and the price is great! Great padding and great quality.

Similar Products Used: Pearl Izumi, Store/Catalog brands, various others
    Nunyabiz   Weekend Warrior [Aug 02, 2007]
    Strength:

Fit great, very well made, no problems with any seams, the pad is very good

This review is actually for the "Voler Elite DX Short" the description is here from the website.
    ----------
    ""Three key elements provide the exceptional design of the Voler Elite DX Short:
    TECHNOLOGY: Developed in Switzerland & used by top racers, the new 220 gram Quantum DSX fabric reduces wind drag while improving compression & durability.
    FIT: The anatomically sculpted silhouette fits like no other with 10-panel construction conforming to you like a second skin.
    FUNCTION: The Carbon Micro Mesh panels provide maximum breathability for comfort, and the exclusive anti-bacterial 3-tier molded Ion pad puts padding where needed for specific pressure points with minimal material on the sides to conform to your movement.""
    ---------------

These shorts are just the deluxe version of the "Voler Team Short" 2 extra panels, slightly better fit, better pad, slightly better material.

These are excellent shorts I have no complaints of any kind.

Brian   Cross Country Rider [Jan 15, 2004]
    Strength:

Team Voler Peloton Short. Nine panel fit. The description above states eight panel, but it's actually nine. Comfortable pad. Excellent value.

None really. Limited colour choices, but that doesn't matter to me.

EXCELLENT value for the money. The other reviews are spot on. I purchased two pair for $80. About half the cost of PI, but equal or better quality in my opinion. Excellent pad makes you want to keep on ridin'! They even provide a prepaid return envelope if you're not satisfied.

Similar Products Used: Pearl Izumi, Performance, etc...
    Spectre   Cross Country Rider [Jan 15, 2002]
    Strength:

Voler shorts are the best value out there. The Cantara (synthetic) pad has a nice shape and is really comfortable.

None so far. I've got a pair that's held up well for 3 years

A Great pair of shorts at a Fantastic price.

Similar Products Used: Pearl Izumi, Hind
    Mr. Lumberg   Cross Country Rider [Jan 07, 2006]
    Strength:

The cut, material, pricepoint, chamois, fit., etc.... everything really.
    The two I purchased have the IMBA logo on the side and Voler donates $5.00 of the purchase price of this design to IMBA, which is cool.

I'd dig on a drawstring in the waist like on my Canaris but they don't seem to have problems with slipping down so far.

I have found my new favorite short.
    Right out of the bag they are extremely comfortable and fit perfect. The chamois is a multi-piece; the center section being made of a bacterial resistant fiber, and sits uder your butt just right and molds itself. The two side panels with the IMBA logo are a different, more breathable fabric that allow your thighs to radiate heat more effectively than plain lycra. I haven't gone horizontal on them yet so I don't know how tough the different material is but the other reviewers haven't had longevity problems.
    Pearls are comfy and rugged but they are cut in way that doesn't mold to you like these do, the chamois isn't nearly as good and they cost twice as much. My Canaris are also half the price of PI's, have an 8-panel design and are externally seamed with a light grey thread. This is cool because the bead formed by the seams don't dig into your thigh and leave those pressure lines, plus my lady friend likes the way they highlight my legs, but they need just a bit more space, uh, you know where for when you're off the bike walking. The Volers, I just can't find anything to complain about and the company is so sure I'd feel that way that they ship with a prepaid postage return envelope.
    I ain't gonna give 'em back though.

Similar Products Used: PI's, Canari Matrix Lite
    Kam   Cross Country Rider [Mar 05, 2003]
    Strength:

great fit
    voler customer service
    nice alcantara pad
    awesome quality at an awesome price

awesome set of shorts, hellava price. i shop around alot for my clothing and i think i'll stick with voler.com for all my cycling clothing needs. i also have a set of the team knickers and they are also great.

Similar Products Used: colorado cyclist dryline shorts
    Jason   Cross Country Rider [Oct 25, 2002]
    Strength:

great shorts. like castelli, but cheaper

na

get these. if they do not fit, they even provide an envelope to return them for free! great value. i only get voler shorts now.

Similar Products Used: castelli, PI
    Jeffrey   Cross Country Rider [Sep 02, 2005]
    Strength:

Comfortable, Durable and Reasonably priced. Great Value!

None!

These are without a doubt the best shorts I've ever owned. I've owned a lot of different shorts and most of them were pretty horrible. They either cost too much, wear out too fast, or plain hurt to wear. These are comfortable, durable and reasonably priced. My next favorite shorts are my Nike bib shorts. I will try the Voler Team Bibs very soon. I just wish I could give them more than 5 flamin' chilis.

Similar Products Used: Garneau, Pearl Izuma, Nike, various cheapo shorts.
    Sprocketeer   Cross Country Rider [Jun 18, 2005]
    Strength:

I love the weight of the material being heavy and solid on all but the side panels--which are very sheer and hense let out heat and perspiration easily without compromising durability.

I suppose these are the best shorts I've ever had. I can only think of one pair of Canondale shorts which were very basic that were very comfortable, but not as high performance as these.

The 9 panel design is excellent. The USPS team shorts I have are just as comfortable after many washings and a couple of thousand miles of riding, but these Volar shorts are great right out of the bag.

The chamois in particular is extremely well designed out of several different materials placed just right. The USPS shorts chamois is similar, but not nearly as good--team Armstrong should give the contract to Volar except they don't make as good of a jersey.

To put it frankly, between the chamois and the use of extremely sheer side panels, these shorts don't cook my balls on 100K+ rides in 90F+ weather much less on regular 40K to 50K rides. Others do, and that makes me worry about bacteria and heat rash. No problem with these Volar shorts.

Other than the side panels, the material is good and strong. I'm not worried these are going to stretch out of shape, pill, or start showing holes prematurely.

In a nutshell, I have no problems with these shorts like I've had with the many other shorts I've worn.

Similar Products Used: Pearl Izumi, Canondale, and I guess it's De Marche that made the USPS team shorts. I've had 6 or 8 pairs of shorts in the last 4 years.