Sugoi Ultimate Shorts

Ultimate

Sugoi Ultimate

Jake   Cross Country Rider [Oct 17, 2000]
Strength:

Very comfortable. Good chamois. Technifine fabric has an amazing ability to shedding moisture. It seems no matter how much you sweat, or hot or humid it is, these things stay dry.

?

You can buy cheaper, but these are keepers.

Similar Products Used: Recently: Louis Garneau (fell apart), variety of chamois shorts going back 25 years.
Crash   Racer [Dec 28, 1999]
Strength:

Very comfortable.
Great Chamois.
Keeps friction off buttox.
Long lasting.

A bit pricey, but worth every penny.

I will not wear any other kind of short while racing or long training rides. This short is so comfortable, it doesn't compare with any other that I've tried. I get a new pair every year, but the ones I bought 3 years ago are still more comfortable than any other short I've tried.

Similar Products Used: Performance, Pearl Izumi, Specialized.
some chick   Weekend Warrior [Sep 07, 2002]
Strength:

durable, look good, padding is good, excellent leg grippers. "real" women's sizing.

I only have 3 pairs. Sugoi label could be a tad more subtle. (one on each leg)

These are nice shorts. $50 isn't bad for them either. The padding and cover is extra nice and smooth. They are overall very comfortable. The leg grippers work very well - it's a strip of laminate or some sticky stretch stuff at the inside of the legband. There's a drawstring around the waist - nice touch. I might have to stock up on these, they are by far my faves.

Similar Products Used: REI shorts, Specialized shorts, Nashbar shorts
Jesse Smith   Weekend Warrior [Mar 30, 2000]
Strength:

Comfort, fit, price.

Inner leg fabric frays.

The chamois is the best part of these. They have soft suede like chamois at the left and right sections with a breathable fabric middle section. You should use Chamois cream with these though.
I reach for these bibs first when I go out on 3-5 hour road rides. If you have only worn Cannondale, Trek, or Pearl shorts, you should try these. All of my Pearl Ultra Microsensor and Ultrasensor shorts and bibs are sitting on the hanger collecting dust. I currently have 3 pairs of these. I hope they keep making these for a long time.