Sugoi Gustov Shorts

After an all killer-no filler singletrack fling, pull the removable liner out of the Sugoi Gustov Shorts, find a recovery beer, and simmer down.

rpalmer   Cross Country Rider [Feb 02, 2015]

They look pretty good.

Comfort, durability, value, fit. The elastic around the legs is made of this sticky rubber that hurts as it rubs against your skin. It also doesn't slide/adjust as you move around, which some may see as a positive but it caused some chafing for me. The inner shorts are connected to the outer shorts by little strands of fabric that broke after a few washings. I probably should have used a gentler cycle (I used normal settings that I use for all of my laundry) but better-engineered shorts would just forgo connecting the inner and outer shorts. They would get all twisted up after being washed, and every time I went to put them on I would have to untangle them. I picked these up for $70 on Chainlove, but for shorts that only lasted a year, I found this to be a pretty poor value. I wear a 32-inch waist, but bending over would pop the snap around my waist. It would have fit a 30-inch waist better.

For the money, you can do a lot better. If you're going to drop some cash on your shorts, go a different direction. I've had cheaper shorts that were more comfortable and lasted longer than these.