Sette Impact Padded Under Shorts Shorts

Impact Padded Under Shorts

Strategically-placed molded polyester foam padding attached to Lycra mesh for the ultimate in protection and comfort. Padded chamois tailbone protector. Drawstring waist. Wear underneath pants or riding shorts.

Jay   Weekend Warrior [Jun 29, 2005]
Strength:

Added Protection is always good. Price is outstanding in comparison to the other brands' offerings

Really uncomfy mesh. I ride them over my road shorts

Good product. Does what it needs to. Not as cool looking as some of the others but usually it is worn under something anyway. I could cover them with some baggies ove the pads over the roadie shorts but it would be too damn hot. SETTE makes some good products. If you're not name brand influenced, give their product a good look.

Pablo   Cross Country Rider [Oct 08, 2004]
Strength:

Keeps your skin where it belongs

Scanty protection on the lower portion of the hip

I bought these for a little extra security when jumping off of stuff. Just got back from a lunch time ride where I put them to use for the first time. I backed off on a small ledge with a funky take off and ended up stuffing my front wheel. I came off the bike, landed hard and slid a ways over rocky, gravel covered surf on my left cheek. Not a scratch, bruise or piece of red skin to show for it.

I’ve about a 31” waist and wear the medium, so Sette’s sizing recommendation is right on. I wouldn’t want these right against my boys on account of the seams. I usually wear ‘em over standard lycra shorts with baggies, or over a liner type short. In spite of the mesh, these will make you sweat a bit more.

Like most lower body armor, they are just okay when you are pedaling any great distance. I really notice the tailbone pad, and the thigh pads feel kind of stiff. For the gravity assisted shuttles and resort riding I don’t really notice them.

I really, really like the pad on the tailbone. If you’ve ever looped out or landed square on your ass, you’ll recognize that this is a good thing.

I’m leery of the placement of the cheek pads and thigh pads. On the outer thigh, below the hip there is a bit of gap between the two and it just so happens that the gap is right where I always seem to get trail rash when I slide on my side. I haven’t had a slide yet, so I can’t tell if it is an issue or not. The other versions of this type of protection that I’ve seen (Rock Garden and Hoots) have coverage there.

Tom   Weekend Warrior [Jul 26, 2004]
Strength:

Mesh fabric in areas without padding to keep cool.
Padding on all the accident-prone areas, specically to me are the sides and tailbone area.
Comfortable to wear. (Size reference: Medium = 32-34" waist)
The price.

No hard shell plastic on padding (This might be a good thing if you count toward comfort, but I do wear this on casual rides on my motorcycle so it is a weakness).

Comfortable added protection from road rash at a low price.