Pearl Izumi Shorts Shorts

Pearl Izumi Shorts

Tim C   Cross Country Rider [Aug 20, 2007]
Strength:

Good stuff... Got all the brands, grab the Pearl's first.

Would say price. That's crap, these shorts do not wear out to easy.

Try them on, make sure they fit. Other than that, kant go worng... Go with Pearl's best Chamois, other than that save your money. The Vertex rock, thank good for color... Solid black is for fat folk. Tall skinny folk need color. Oh yeah, this years team Discorvery Jersey matches the blue vertx very well. Have fun out there.

Similar Products Used: nike, castelli, and the rest
Alicia P   Racer [Nov 27, 2001]
Strength:

Very Comfortable

Expensive

The is a review for the Womens Microsensor Shorts. The new PRT Chamois is awesome. Use it with some Chamois Butt'r and you'll likely have less chafing and saddle sores. For all the ladies who are sick of discomfort, get these shorts. They are definitely worth the money.

Similar Products Used: Sugoi Technifine, others shorts too
smokey strodtman   Cross Country Rider [Feb 01, 2002]
Strength:

comfortable, durable.

none found yet.

i got these thrown in when i bought my poprad, which explains the $0.00 price(i think they sold for $59.95). they are very comfortable and i use them for my longer rides. sometimes i put a little udder balm on the chamois if the weather is hot to cut down on chafing. a good product that performs well, i recommend them.

Similar Products Used: several other brands.
McCann Houston   [Jul 17, 2002]
Strength:

Quality, durability, fit

Pricey

PI makes good stuff, and stands behind their products if their is a problem. I have used their stuff for 5 years and have yet to retire anything.

Similar Products Used: Many
Ruben   Racer [Jul 13, 2001]
Strength:

Pad, leg grippers, wicking ability.

Pad. If you sit wrong on this thing, your whole day is shot.

The shorts are comfortable, when you mount the pad right. I didn't, and got killed. Now that I know to snug them up, I don't have a problem. The PRT Chamois wicks away well, and it makes riding the centuries more comfortable. Try them on when you're thinking about buying them though, the PRT isn't for everyone.

Similar Products Used: Canari, Louis Gareneu (sp?) bibs
Bryan   Cross-Country Rider [Jan 03, 2000]
Strength:

+Comfy, better than jean shorts.
+Women look at you more... providing you have a nice
+fabric breathes easily
+good leg length. not to short

-Leg bands are a little tight. This could cause discomfort in the long run. The front padding doesn't come high enough to cover you well.
-Don't wear during winter. Too skimpy to give you any warmth.

Good pants. The pants run small, so buy one step up. I am a 36 waist, and got the extra large. The extra large is supposedly for size 39.

Similar Products Used: Jean shorts
Long jeans
Khakis
Dress pants
Ralph   Weekend Warrior [Dec 31, 1999]
Strength:

These shorts are very comfortable. The pad is well-made, and the pants don't expose butt crack like some others I've tried.

The only problem I've found--and maybe this really isn't a problem, I don't know--is that the chamois doesn't come up very high in front. Now, how shall I put this--my johnny isn't exactly small and there isn't much left to the imagination--I mean, I might as well be naked. At least my 'nads don't get squushed underneath like they do with Performance shorts.

Very comfortable but reveals too much of my privates.

Similar Products Used: Performance
Elvis Karate   Racer [Jun 25, 2001]
Strength:

Look Cool and I liked the local rep Scott Parr.

Fit and the Pad

I ran into the rep at a sale and bought 2 pairs of these shorts one Bib style and one traditional. I am about 6'1 and the bibs are really binding. I can't even wear them without suffering.
The pads on each of the shorts feel like little saws working the tendons that attaches my leg muscle to my torso. I did a century and expected to find blood afterword it was hellish. The construction seems solid and the material is thin and breaths nicely but the pad is just wrong. I spent $180 on 2 pair of shorts that consider nearly unwearable.

Similar Products Used: Castelli, Nike, Descente, Canari, Schwinn, etc
Wade   Cross-Country Rider [Jul 15, 1999]
Strength:

some good.

some bad.
Don't know which one to buy mail-order

Hey, I have a GREAT pair of PI quest shorts. The have a minimal pad and a brushed finish. Then I saw the PI quest on sale in a MO cat. I got some of those. NOT THE SAME shorts. The MO quest (The tags in both shorts say quest) is slick-finished and has a MAXI-pad sewn in with fishing line or something. So this is a split review.The LBS PIQ shorts are great, put 'em on and don't think about it shorts. All forget-about-it, it-works components are superb. They cover my white hiney and don't hang up on the seat and don't stink too bad after several rides.The Mail-Order PIQ shorts suck. I'm going to try to return them. I've worn them 3 times. The first time was brand new out of bag. I though maybe they'd get better. The next time (after washing) I put 'em on for about 10 minutes and took 'em off before riding because the stitching was irritating. The pad is huge. It's about 3x thicker than the other pair. It feels funky, causes the Lycra to hang and snag on everything (saddle, truck seat, whatever). The third time was the last time EVER. The pad still sucks and the stitching on the pad is barbed wire. I'd rather wear rag wool.5 stars for PI in general, 2 stars for that MO crap...oh, hell here's 4. I shoulda went LBS.