Pearl Izumi Microsensor Short Shorts

Microsensor Short

matt   Cross Country Rider [Aug 23, 2003]
Strength:

mmmmmm airy on the crotch
sweet chamios

dont see any

oh so nice. best shorts ever. throw the extra few bucks at them and you will not regret it. they are great after 120 miles of touring or 40 XC. youll love these

Similar Products Used: specialized, canari, and other pearl shorts
zach heylmun   Cross Country Rider [Jun 24, 2007]
Strength:

Great bib shorts, comfy and dry, with the best chammy I have ever ridden.

None, maybe cut if you are not athletic.

These are the best shorts I have ever ridden hands down. I have 07 shorts, so I cant attest to these old reviews, but my shorts have none of the problems mentioned here. The chammy is super comfaortable, with denser foam under your sitbones and softer pading for the front. Also, being as how the edges of the chammy are completely smooth and out of the way I dont see how you could possibly chafe there. (The shammy extends far enough that the edges are not in areas that experience friction.) I rode a twelve hour mtb race in these on a cheap slr style saddle with no chammy butter and was comfortable the whole time. The only problem I could foresee is fit on anyone who is overweight. The bib is very form fitting, and it may be a little tight if you have a belly. The shorts are very expensive, but you get what you pay for.

Similar Products Used: Several canari and specialized shorts.
Richard   Cross Country Rider [Sep 28, 2006]
Strength:

Good cut and fit for me, Keeps me dry wicks moisture out well especially around the saddle area. Light weight. Nice simple cut and design.I found the 2003 Micros the best fit still my favourite. 2005/current new models seem a bit different in fit but they still wick moisture the same. maybe I have to break them in further. Still look good after a long period of use.

Chamois chaffed a bit after 3 hours but don't they all? A bit of Chamois cream fixed it. I havent really had any problems with them.

I think these are designed to fit a leaner pro / athletic type body. This year I notice the difference like more chaffing in the seat/crotch prior to burning off the winter fat. Everyone has a different body shape I geuss, If they are the right cut for your body, definately worth the $$$$..

Similar Products Used: Nalini, Attack bib Knicker other PI,
timski   Cross Country Rider [Jan 20, 2004]
Strength:

Best shammy ever!
Very light, excellent airflow.

Could use a bit more stretch.
Price.

Bought the bib shorts because my girlfriend talked me into it. Didn't want to spend that much for a pair of shorts. Longest ride on them was about 30 miles, so they never got a really long workout, but felt great, for the most part. Had a tight spot at the top of the thigh. A little more stretch would help. It has the best shammy I have ever used. Makes everything else I own feel cheap and crappy.
Never had bib shorts before, but the work good. Very comfortable.
If you can find some on sale definitely pick them up.
Would like to see the stretch of the Ultra with the Micro shammy.

Similar Products Used: Louis Garneau, Sugoi, Castelli
Mike Anderson   Racer [Jan 25, 2004]
Strength:

These are the best shorts out there by far. I have done 100 mile road races and never get saddle sores. Also great for mountain bike epics. They put no pressure on the privates. I have put over 8,000 miles of mountain biking and road biking on them and they look new. The shammy is the perfect thickness and they are a pleasure to wear. If you are a avid cyclist these are great,

none- worth every penny

Best shorts out there guarentee you will love these shorts; you will be wearing them when your not riding

Hunter   Racer [Mar 12, 2004]

Seams are stiff, bunch up and don't lay flat when moving around.

This review is for the new RED LABEL Heli-Arc bib but since it doesn't have a spot, I'm reviewing it here. While the intent to creat a bib with no seams is great in theory, they failed in execution. The seams are very stiff, bunch up and don't lay flat when moving around. They remind me of glued seams on an old raft that rubs and chafs your skin. Perhaps they will soften and get better with time, but for $220 I'm not willing to take the chance. They are going right back to the store. If your willing to spend this much money, do yourself a favor and get a pair of Assos. They are expensive, but you get what you pay for and you'll never wear anything else.

Similar Products Used: Many but only use Assos.
Dror   Cross Country Rider [Mar 14, 2004]
Strength:

Good wicking, nice look, fit.

Durability??????, Comfort

Not sure about the comfort, they did not fit well at the begining of the climb and caused some pain on my left, than after some adjustment all became comfy. I rode for less than 2 hours without falling or touching anything to find at the end that some of the fabric started to disintegrated (brushed agains some other part of the shorts?). Similar thing happend to the seam in the area.
I expected more from top of the line product.

Similar Products Used: old Ultrasensors
Kim Whitehouse   Cross Country Rider [Jun 25, 2006]
Strength:

There are NO strengths to these nicks...

These are the WORST nicks I have ever had the agony of riding in...They were purachsed after many years of being a dedicated Ultrasensor wearer. I wanted to see how the next level of nicks performed. These nicks are terrible, the pad is like riding on a pad with razors for seams, the pad is extremely hard in the middle causing serious pain on long rides actually on any rides (I can not do a 50 minute spin class without chamois cream - that is pathetic!). The nicks fit terribly, all bunched up on the back seams and they need to be folded over at the top to stop them slipping around (these are the same size as the Ultrasensor nicks I have been wearing for years so why change the sizing???). In short these nicks make minutes in the saddle painful, they edge of the pad wears skin away in a very short amount of time. For nicks go elsewhere - forget these!

Girls, If you want a bottom at the end of a ride look else where for nicks to cushion your pink bits!

Similar Products Used: Ultrasensor, Castelli
Dave   Weekend Warrior [Jan 04, 2006]
Strength:

Perfect fit, Microsensor chamois is awesome, leg grippers do their job with no discomfort!

NONE. I, too, cannot believe anyone has trouble with these shorts. You must make sure to get the right size, and you must wash them in cool water and air dry them to keep them in perfect shape and comfy. No fabric softener or heat dry.

These are pricey and worth it. I have gone through lots of cheap shorts and they don't hold up and are not nearly as comfy. Know your size, and if you can't decide between two, go for the larger. I will only buy Pearl Izumi clothing from now on; it's the only brand that does it ALL.

Similar Products Used: Everything from 1970's wool and sheep chamois, cotton, lycra, you name it.
Aaron   Cross Country Rider [Dec 17, 2003]
Strength:

I can’t believe how long I have been wearing the awful baggie style “MTB” shorts which are hot, restrictive and feel like wearing jeans when compared to these shorts. One of my friends who is a road racer convinced me to buy a pair. These shorts are some of the most comfortable cycling shorts I have ever worn. These shorts fit tight which feels a little uncomfortable at first if you have only worn baggie shorts before but the on the bike comfort makes up for it and they seem to become more comfortable the more you wear them. The pad provides excellent cushioning and prevents numbness and soreness even after riding all day long. The fabric is thin and cool and wicks sweat well. These shorts are a must have for any rider who cares more about on the bike comfort than looking “cool.”

These shorts are a must have for any rider who cares more about on the bike comfort than looking “cool” or any one who rides for long distances.