Pearl Izumi Elite Versa Shorts

• ELITE Stretch shell fabric
  • Detachable liner with Versa Chamois
  • Two thigh pockets and two front pockets
  • Snap-front closure with zippered fly
  • Velcro back waist adjustment

h_daddy   Weekend Warrior [Apr 25, 2011]
Strength:

Comfort!!! removable liner, very usefull pockets.

Some stitching came out.

The first time I put these shorts on, I felt like I was finally home. It's tough for a guy my size (6'3", 260-270) to find shorts that fit, let alone feel good. I have been very impressed with these duds- so impressed that I sometimes take out the liner and just wear them around. I tore out some of the stitching in the crotch while doing something non-bike related in a posture you would only find yourself in in a big crash. The stitching could easily be mended by anyone who knows how to use a machine.
The cargo pockets are suttle yet deep and very user-friendly. I keep my phone on me at all times and in the lower pockets I never know it's there.
After riding in these one time I imediately ordered a second pair.

Similar Products Used: HOSS Ponderosa, Fox.
OVERALL
Old Friend Jim   Cross Country Rider [Jul 27, 2010]
Strength:

Great liner, the stretch fabric is great, feels like riding a spandex bike short

The snap does not stay snapped very well.

These shorts are great, they feel like spandex shorts and have all of the benefits of spandex with the style factor of regular shorts. My only complaint is the snap does not work well so you have to wear a belt.