Mt. Borah Ridge Mountain Short Shorts

Ridge Mountain Short

Great Style, Fit and Comfort All Built into a Basic Baggy Short at a Great Value. Deep Front Pockets, Drawstring Waist and A Coolmax Alta Mesh Liner with Pad.

melt616   Cross Country Rider [Jun 05, 2010]
Strength:

Value, keep you cool

mostly everything else

These shorts are for value only, they don't fit as bad as the other reviewers say, but not much better either. The chamois is fine, it is nicely contoured, a little on the thin side, but better than nothing. These shorts will keep you cool, breathable mesh liner is a plus. If you are on a tight budget like myself, these are great, otherwise spend $10-$15 more for some nicer ones

Similar Products Used: various Lycra shorts
Bikinfoolferlife   Cross Country Rider [Apr 07, 2006]
Strength:

Cheap

Cheap

Cheap chamois, poor fit, like the other reviewer said comes partway up your thigh and feels like a weird pair of swim shorts. They'll do in an emergency, but they'll likely not see much action. Disappointing after nice things I'd heard about Borah in the past (but first pair of this brand I've tried).

Similar Products Used: Just about all of the brands now...
BigAl   Cross Country Rider [Mar 30, 2007]
Strength:

Nice, deep pockets, so nothing will fall out of them on the ride

Weird fit, el-Cheapo Chamois

Ditto the previous reviews. Elaborating on the weird fit, they look like an invisible person is pulling on the front of the leg cuff when I first put them on, making them tight against the back of my legs and bottom of my cheeks. Uncomfortable. Since these were my first pair of padded shorts, I didn't know any better and rode them for a full season. The chamois padding was completely pounded flat after that, so I tried to make them comfortable wearing Pricepoint's padded underwear with them. What a mistake! Gripper leg grabbing on gripper leg. After coming to my senses, I purchased different shorts and these are stuffed in the top of the closet with the padded underwear (soon headed to the bin). 3 flamers for value, but you do get what you pay for, and 1 flamer overall.

Similar Products Used: Sette, Primal Wear, Voler
Suresh Sethi   [Jun 22, 2005]
Strength:

None.

Poor fit. Weak seams. Uncomfortable as hell.

These were the most "economical" padded baggy mtb shorts I could find and man do they suck. The shell material is wafer thin and the shorts barely come up to mid thigh. They look like a cheap pair of swimming trunks. The short shorts plus thin material means they chafe and they catch on your seat. I've ridden two rides on them and don't care to ride them again. The seams are already starting to rip, as I caught the shorts on my seat on just about every technical downhill (which doesn't happen with my other shorts). Spend the extra 15 bucks and get something decent.