Large Hardwear Max-Lite Short Shorts

Hardwear Max-Lite Short

Large Hardwear Max-Lite Short

Dan   Cross Country Rider [May 25, 2001]
Strength:

Looks and works good, last a long time.

Hard to find.

I purchased these shorts colse to five years ago and they are about beat. They have stood up to everything I gave them, including my share of crashes. I want a new pair but cna not find them anywhere. If you can get them I recommend them.

Neil Cain   Cross Country Rider [Feb 19, 2001]
Strength:

They're great! They're tough, have survived numerous crashes and are very comfy. Lots of room in the pockets for carrying crap. Have got normal pockets as well, so when you get petrol, sorry - 'gas', on the way home after a ride, you've got somewhere to put your car keys. Hey, it's the little things!

They could have better velcro closures on the cargo pockets. Can get a bit sticky on really hot days.

They rock and roll. They're hardcore and know the score. Infact, if there was a fight between Fred Durst, the Undertaker and these shorts, the shorts would win.

When you first put them on they feel a bit tight over the hips (baby!) and sit round your ass like a nappy. However, as soon as you hit the trail, they disappear underneath you and leave you thinking how good they feel for a pair of baggies. They're nicely reinforced around the crotch and the liner is good and snug, keeping that comfy chammios in place. The liner does wick, but the cotton outer on these babies is thick, and can heat up.

I got mine half price (and my girlfriend at the time still moaned at the price...), but they are still worth the money at full value looking at how well mine are going. Totally, totally recommended.

Similar Products Used: Zoic, DC (are they still going? Are LH for that matter?), De Marchi and Castelli skins (Castelli rule in that dept.)
Sebastian   Weekend Warrior [Mar 25, 1999]
Strength:

Comfort, protection, and Durability. Utility pockets.
better looking than lycra too

a little on the warm side.

These shorts are the most comfortable and useful short I have ever ridden in. I wore the same pair for four years straight. I washed them for every ride and threw them in the dryer too. They held up to the abuse. I finally wore out the chamois. I rode with these shorts in El Paso Texas for the for years in 100+ degree summers and in the winter too. The pockets are perfect size for Cliff bars and country wipe if you know what I mean. The cinch belt is rad too. I will definitely be a return customer. For those of you who said they hung up too much, try one size smaller it helped me a lot. Great crash protection too.

Similar Products Used: Nema baggies, many lycra shorts
D. Ockey   cross-country rider [Jan 01, 1999]

These are the best shorts I have used. I purchased my first pair about 5 years ago when the stool pusher lycra was the main stay. They lasted about 3 years till they started to wear out. So a bunch of us purchased about 16 pairs direct from LHW (no retailers carry them in Calgary). They are the best shorts for protection (saved me from numerous Moab tatoos). You have to let them break in to get comfortable. Great for medium to cold weather with leggings. Great customer service too.

Dave   [Nov 28, 1998]

I paid $70 for a pair of Large Hardware shorts about 6 months ago. After about 100 hours of saddle time the shell started to wear through at the outter edges of the saddle pad. Now they are full of holes in the shell and are almost unusable because the holes get caught on the sadlle. They fit well and look good but didn't last nearly long enough

Jeff   cross-country rider [Mar 09, 1998]

I bought these because the guy at the store said that they would last forever. He wasn't kidding. They will last forever because they are so UNCOMFORTABLE that I will never wear them again. They were hot and hooked on the seat, and the cheap ass chamois rubbed me the wrong way!! Also they got a near a little water and they gained another five pounds. To wrap it up don't buy these shorts , they are hot, heavy, suck up water, hook on the saddle, ans are just plain uncomfy.

P.Blum   cross-country rider [Jan 15, 1998]

These shorts are great for hard riding where you need to save your butt during biffs. The 10 oz. twill fabric
is heavier than most shorts and will take a lot of abuse.The softsuede pad is also very comfortable and will be appreciated on those long rides. While these shorts
are expensive at $79, they are worth it if you want to ride hard with minimal road/rock-rash. A terrific
product

frank   Weekend Warrior [Jun 15, 2001]
Strength:

Durability, comfort and storage space.

Not a single one

First off, I have had these shorts since the begining of LHW time, I bought these when they were just a little ad in MTB action mag. They are completely indestructable and are very comfortable to ride in. Mine are just starting to wear out. its a sad thing since they are hard to find. love these shorts, if you can get your hands on them and you dont like to look like a goof in tights, pick them up. it will be worth your time.

Joel   cross-country rider [Feb 06, 1998]

These are the best, period. That's all that needs to be said, except that the review needs to be 50 words. They are a little on the warm side when it's like 120 degrees out, but then so is anything else, and it's real uncomfortable to ride nekkid. They are a little spendy, but will really last. Mine are about 3 years old, and the only thing that has happened to them is that the fabric has gotten a little softer and more comfortable. They rock.

Marco Levy   weekend warrior [May 31, 1998]

I bought a pair of the original LargeHardware shorts when they first came out about 6 years ago. Didn't wear them that much because I was riding in a high humid/tropical enviroment, and these shorts just didn't cut it in those conditons (the only thing that work is lycra). However, they were great for after ride wear. So back to States, and pull these puppies out and noticed that croutch area pad was pulling away. E-mailed LargeHardwear and to my surprise they said send them in. After a call with Larry at LHW, the sent me a pair of ultra lights in exchange. These shorts work great in 100+ desert conditions and have had no problems to date. Also recall that after 6 years, LargeHardwear stood by their product. So from a customer standpoint. You can't go wrong with their products. I give them a high five!