Giordana Shorts Shorts

Giordana 8-Panel Shorts

Michael Quentel   Weekend Warrior [Sep 20, 2009]
Strength:

Good fabric. Cool in summer months.

Crotch area is very tight. Middle seam rubs up against my male parts. Maybe some company will make shorts that actually cups a man's gentials rather than smash and seperate them. The other way to remedy this problem is to wear a thong that actually keeps everything together and up front.

Good shorts....only with thongs.

douggg   Cross Country Rider [Jul 18, 2009]
Strength:

fit

I bought one pair and rode them several times to prove their comfort. Then I went back to get three more pairs thinking I wouldn't have to shorts shop for at least a couple of years. By the end of the first season the fabric on all four pairs was giving out, showing those patches you see on old shorts where the stretch is gone. The owner of the shop where I bought them contacted Giordana re. warranty, but they would not back them up. $460 worth of shorts down the drain in one season.

I bike alot and I spend alot on biking, but Giordana will not be getting any more of my money.

Similar Products Used: Pearl Izumi, Sugoi
stan   Cross Country Rider [May 28, 2003]
Strength:

Silverline bibs. Front and back padding.

Crotch area not wide enough,tapered on sides and long enough.

The bibs are great fitting, until there tried out on the open road. The crotch area seems to pinch, ouch! I would recomend these shorts for short distances only.

Similar Products Used: Pearls and Fox
Sean   Racer [Nov 12, 2003]
Strength:

Comfortable, fits well until it falls apart

Cheap construction, especially with stitching. After only a couple of rides, the stitching holding the chamois started to unravel. Well, i've been able do a little sewing myself to retard this unraveling, but after about a month of use, about one third of the stiching has unraveled. This same thing happened on a previous pair of Giordiana shorts I owned, and although I've noticed a couple of other shorts unravel a little, none has come close to the speed and extent that Giordiana shorts unravel.

These were the most comfortable shorts I've purchased, but only for the first couple of weeks, which is why I purchased them, even though I knew that my previous pair of Giordiana shorts had some workmanship issues. Well, these shorts have the same issues. I don't recommend this brand to anyone who does a lot of riding, because they will fall apart, unless you're willing to do some sewing yourself. Hopefully Giordiana reads these reviews, because this planned obsolescence thing isn't going to work for me, as I will never purchase another pair until they address their workmanship issues. They can get 5 flamin chilis once they fix their hem issues.

Similar Products Used: Dozens of different pairs, Pearl Izumi, though expensive, seems to be the best.
zelig   Weekend Warrior [Aug 16, 2000]
Strength:

Great fit, well-cut chamois, decent materials and workmanship.

Padding could be a bit more generous. The lycra used has changed over the last couple of years so longevity of the newer models remains to be seen. Also, the pricing of the bibs (the only model I've used) has increased over the last couple of years after being $50 for years.

Long lasting and great fitting. If they had a bit more padding, they would be my overwhelming choice over Assos Proline due to the latter's cost. A staple product of my cycling quiver over the years.

Similar Products Used: Assos Proline and PearlIzumi-all bibs
sorebutt   Cross-Country Rider [Jun 18, 1999]
Strength:

they cover your butt

average in every respect

Similar Products Used: from performance to assos
ben dillingham   [Mar 09, 1999]

these aren't themost durable short in the world--under heavy use mine started going threadbare after a couple of seasons. also, the chamois isn't very dense, so you can't where these shorts on rides longer than 2 hours without parts going numb. but, they are cheap and euro-cool.

John   weekend warrior [Jan 25, 1999]

BEWARE: You may have to go WAY out of your way to locate and purchase Giordana shorts, but if you do, you'll never want any other brand in future. I accidentally bought a pair of their shorts, and now own bibs, Roubaix tights et cetera. The material and construction are excellent, and, most importantly (especially after long rides), they are SO COMFORTABLE!! Cinq étoiles!

Steve   racer [Jan 19, 1999]

These shorts, (the Giordana shorts, not the Pearl Izumi shorts pictured above) are the best. The quality, the durability, the comfort, etc. are all incredible. I have their shorts, bibs, knickers and full length Roubaix tights. All highly recommended...

john   cross-country rider [May 03, 1998]

got a pair or the paris-roubais bibs and they are the best cool weatheer knickers ever. well worth the $ for anything under 60 degrees. also after ridding in bibs i will never wear shorts with a waste band again. these bibs are super warm in cool weather but not too hot when it gets warm, have a great pad, nice sholder straps, and after a year+ (i bought them used from a pro who i'm sure put a few miles on them) they still look almost new.