Fox Head Launch Shorts

Launch

Wear the Fox Racing Launch Liner under your baggies for added protection or by themselves to perform seductive dance for your girlfriend. The Launch Liner is more than just a chamois liner. It also features EVA foam padding in areas where impacts most often occur, so you can hit that drop with more speed and confidence than ever before.

Evan55   Cross Country Rider [Jan 07, 2010]
Strength:

lightweight, good flexibility, not bulky

construction, chafing/irritation

construction is very poor for the money. Where the chamois attaches to the short and leg/crotch seams are not flatlocked seams, which causes chafing and irritation. I looked at my cheapie liner shorts and they all have flatlocked chamois and leg seams. I expect better construction when I spend $50 just for a liner.
Padding is light and a little soft, but that is ok, I bought these to use for heavy XC and AM and there is enough padding to keep you from getting bruises and rasberries on your hips/thighs. If you ride heavy DH you already know you need something beefier than this.

If Fox fixed the construction/seams, they would get 4 chilis, but these are essentially unridable. Ill put a few more rides on them hoping they will 'break in' and put in a new review if they change.

Ruger   Cross Country Rider [Aug 18, 2009]
Strength:

Offers a little padding.

Virtually zero chamois. Slight padding that misses all my bony parts.
Too thin, crappy flimsy material, porly designed, fits funny, ass is in the wrong place, poorly made.

Crappy short! Get something else if you can.

Similar Products Used: Any other crappy short.
Ron P.   Downhiller [Sep 09, 2008]
Strength:

Lightweight, easy to move around in, and offer some protection in mild crashes when worn under baggy shorts.

Sizing runs VERY small.

Better than wearing no pads at all, but nowhere near the level of Dainese. Good for the days where the terrain is more forgiving or when it's exceptionally hot out. These shorts run ridiculously small. I have a 33" waist and needed XL.

Similar Products Used: Similar padded liner shorts from Dainese and 661.
Bud   Downhiller [Apr 13, 2007]
Strength:

-comfortable; wears as well as your regular pair of shorts but with padding
-lightweight and breathable

-compared to other shorts i've seen or purchased, the pads are not as thick.
-high price for name brand

Value is poor, luckily I got these for a discount working at a bike shop. They are better than nothing or the average mt. bike shorts with just chamoix, but just barely. Way overpriced for retail of around 70.00 I ride nearly everyday with friends about 4 to 5 times a week for 2 hour plus sessions. In the times i've fallen wearing these, both times my front wheel washed and I fell on my sides. I still managed to get some bruises, though I imagined they could have been worst without them. My new 661 bomber shorts I'm trying cost far less and the pads are much more thicker, I expect them to be better but I haven't fallen yet to compare:) Oh, and if you do get the fox launch, they seem to size smaller than usual; my waist is 32 and the large fitted fine, medium might would have been too snug.

Similar Products Used: downhill shorts with just chamoix pad. 661 Bomber shorts.
Ryan   Cross Country Rider [Mar 07, 2008]
Strength:

Great pads comfortable i go off jumps alot do tricks so i crash and these shorts make it hurt alot less

great shorts for the money. fit well under shorts. the hip pads are awesome