Fox Head Sergeant Shorts

Fox Head Sergeant Shorts

The Fox Sergeant Short combines activity-specific fabrics, smart features, and film-worthy style in a short that the gravity crowd can be proud of.2-way stretch cotton main body for airflow and maximum breathabilityDetachable liner for added versatilityAdjustable waistband for custom fit2 hand and 2 cargo pockets for plenty of storage

[Aug 21, 2013]
Steve

Strength:

Looked good new, got a deal for $50 online.

Holes in seat after 10 rides, faded in sun.

Weird fabric. Have other pairs of shorts that have 40 plus rides on the.

[Mar 10, 2013]
fgiraffe
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

The (black color) looks nice on or off the bike.
Adjustable waist tabs are handy.
Front pockets zip, rear pocket for wallet is nice size.
Handy sunglass wipe inside pocket.

Chamois pad is a little short in the front and very uncomfortable when you (or it) shifts when riding.
List price is insane, they are only a good value when on sale.
Sizing seems to run a little large.
Waist adjust tabs are inside the waistband, and will rub the heck out of you unless they are perfectly aligned. Adjust them once a ride and you'll be OK

Nice shorts that ride well even though they are long. Very comfy. They do not drag on the knees as much as I feared. Plenty of pockets, but not too heavy that you think about them much when riding. I would never pay list price but they are worthy shorts in the ~$60 range.

[Oct 15, 2012]
gastonbx

Strength:

This shorts are great at first, all the pockets, I-pod pocket, etc. They are light and comfortable.

Weak... I have now confirmed after using 3 pairs in less than 2 years, they get totally scraped in the bottom, where they touch with the bike's seat, plus also get totalle bleached by sun exposure. I am a weekend - warrior, I leave in a city, and ride 8 hours per week top, so I believe this is totally bad, as the cost of this pants is not cheap for this things to happen.

If you but them, think that you will be tossing them out afte 12-14 months of usage, or having them repeared and using with a flower power / psycodelic t-shirt!

[Jul 06, 2012]
ebeer

Strength:

Built well, feel very solid without being bulky or too hot. Perfect length for me and crotch that hugs for comfort and ease of getting behind the saddle, but not restrictive like other huggers that put on a sausage display.

I suppose weakness is price, but if you're as cheap as me you'll find the -1 model year for roughly half price. At the $54 I paid I'd say these shorts are a bargain.

First off I have none of the experience described below with poor workmanship. The liner is very comfortable and well made...no sides premature wearing. The shorts themselves are rugged without being having the downhill stiffness. I'm happy to pedal all day long and don't find them too hot even with lack of air vents which you might come to expect for a short that costs $100. Pockets are straight forward and simple (back pockets, front pockets, and cargo). No hidden zippers, pockets on a slant, etc. I love the back pockets for heading to the pub...I can put my wallet where its supposed to be and not have too much crap jammed in too few pockets. The grey cammo on the 2011 looks great. The length is perfect for my riding and fits just fine over knee pads.

[Apr 03, 2012]
Berserkersmurf

Strength:

Great Fit and looks.Zip able pockets.Removable chamois.

They fit great, and look good( I bought the red ones). You can wear the shorts without the linen. They are very comfy .I don't understand all the bad reviews. I have fun riding in them, and the liner does its job.The only thing you have to do is wash them COLD or you will have pink socks.They are still the same color as when i bought them.

[Mar 07, 2012]
87sheerips

Strength:

COMFORT AND FIT!!!

Nothing

Great short, buy them!!!

[Sep 06, 2011]
PeytonP

Strength:

Extremely comfortable! Look great on/off trail. I wish I could wear these 24/7.
Chamois is the the mid-level Fox line, but I wouldn't ride without it now. It's detachable (huge plus), which makes my desire to wear the main shorts around all day much more enjoyable.
Fast drying (and I sweat A TON)

Just a tad bit long? The ends would tuck into my knee/shin guards at times- bearable.

I have no idea where the terrible reviews are coming from. Maybe I haven't given enough time for wear? I can't see how these shorts will tear up at all (not considering a gnarly, rocky crash.
They're extremely comfortable, and my girlfriend kept looking at me and saying, "You look really good in those shorts." lol Seriously, you can't beat something that's awesome to ride in, wear all day long, and have you're girlfriend love too!

other Fox shorts

[Jul 12, 2010]
92gli

Strength:

Outers look "cool". Lots of handy pockets. Waist adjustability with velcro straps is effective.

Right out of the bag the inner chamois has stitching coming apart.
The legs on the others are way too long, why ? Who can pedal like that ? I have to fold mine up.
And most importantly, the inner chamois has some stitching that has been giving me very bad sores at lower inside part of my buttocks.

I wouldn't have bought them if there was a local shop that carries fox clothing and I had the opportunity to see them first.

[Jun 11, 2009]
tvan

Strength:

Look good

Terrible inner chamois

Not the worst if you wear a good lycra short underneath. I wouldnt even consider trying on the liner that came with these. Overall too baggy and get heavy when wet. Too many pockets. Who needs pockets when there are camelbacks? I would much prefer something slimmer, lighter and more vented.

Pearl Izumi

[Apr 12, 2009]
bodyboard1

Strength:

NONE!!!

The inner liner ripped before I even had a chance to wear them. Total crap!!!

You would think that you get what you pay for with FOX but this is not the case with the shorts. FOX should have a disclamer that their shorts are made in a third world country. Thanks FOX you have just lost my business.