Endura Hummvee With Liner Shorts

Hummvee With Liner

These are the baggy shorts you've gotta have. We think they're the greatest value going in baggy shorts. Less than $80 nets you shorts that do it all, just like the High Mobility Multi-Purpose Vehicle for which they were named. The Hummvee was contracted by the US military in the late '80s to replace the Jeep. Its capabilities for packing cargo, weapons, and personnel safely through rigorous terrain is renowned. Thus the naming of the Endura Hummvee Shorts is no coincidence. The bottoms are durable and have enough pockets that you can stow everything you need plus have a little room for your MacGyver kit for the unexpected. Hint: Always pack some dental floss and a paper clip.The shell is tough and is made of three different grades of nylon. All are Teflon treated for serious water repellence. The front, sides, and rear pockets are made from ripstop nylon. The butt panels are from a tough Cordura-style nylon. The inside legs are made from a rugged, smooth stretch nylon. The various panels are joined via triple-stitching to withstand prodigious abuse, and helping hold everything in place is a heavy-duty spandex yoke across the back of the shorts.There are two front hip pockets that are sealed via zippers. There are two lower-leg pockets as well. The left one is protected with a flap, the right one a zipper. There are two deep back pockets that Endura sees as map pockets. They're side-accessible, held together with Velcro tabs, and have stitched-on pulls to make access easier. The bottoms of the legs can be narrowed via Velcro straps as well. Each leg has a ventilation port covered by a zipper. Unzip on hot days. Keep zipped on cool days. Adjust as necessary. Being a Hummvee, these shorts have many fail-safe devises built in as well. The two-inch wide waistband is elastic, and secured in front with a zipper fly and a snap. There are several belt loops that hold in place the included nylon belt that fastens with an adjustable quick-release buckle.Inside the shorts is the Endura Clickfast 6-Panel liner. It's a cycling short with Endura's 200-series stretch chamois, and gripper elastic at the bottom hem. The liner can be unclicked and washed separately while a spare liner (also available from us) is clicked in place. The Endura Hummvee Shorts come in Black and Olive. The medium have a 12-inch inseam. Small through XXL sizes.

Travis Bickle   All Mountain Rider [Mar 11, 2015]
Strength:

These are made out of durable fabrics and the stitching is well done. You can expect to get a lot of wear out of them. Thankfully they don't come in neon.

These are good quality shorts but have a number of big drawbacks for me and I will not be purchasing another pair. First the two hand pockets are good but the small cargo pockets at the bottom of the legs are useless and may as well have been left off to keep the price down. The two rear pockets are huge, secure with tiny pieces of velcro, and essentially cover your bum with a second layer of material. This makes the rear pretty warm and sweaty. The waist has too much elastic and should be replaced with a better adjustment method. The snap closure is incredibly weak and any tension on it will cause it to undo. The length is too short to cover the tops of knee pads.

These shorts have pretty high praise which I feel is unfounded. I have a pair of Endura Zyme 3/4s and they weren't perfect, but after a couple of hours with a sewing machine and they are now. I didn't try the liner as I always wear bibs underneath so I can't speak to it.

Similar Products Used: Lots.
mdhimes   Cross Country Rider [Jun 08, 2013]
Strength:

Can be used on and off the trail. Looks cool. Liner works really well. Lots of pockets. Water repellent coating is cool. Feels light. Vents! Has a belt. Price (~$70)

The elastic is a little tight around the waist and the liner is sort of tall.

I love these shorts. I look forward to wearing them on and off the trail. They are well build and offer a lot of functionality. If you are interested in a comfy set of riding shorts that are not just Lycra or just want a cool pair of shorts these are a good option.

I am 5'6" and 140 lbs. They shorts seam a little tight at first (elastic waste band) but after a couple minutes I don't notice. My normal pants size is 30/30. They hit just below my kneecap and I tend to position the waist a tiny bit low to avoid any unwelcomed "riding".

pa rider   [May 28, 2012]
Strength:

durabilty and length

chami pad lousy.

Great pair of baggy shorts I ever own. Had hoss pondarosa but the shorts didn't last long. i got 1.5 season out of my humvee and singletrack endua shorts. I never like the belts so just use a belt i got cheap (like a army belt system).
Got better liners from other companies since the $35 mesh liners they sell came with mine got worn out after a few rides. I need a pair shorts that take the tree brushing and bushes without going through my shorts. My friend own a pair for 8 years and just worn out the zipper. Can't say I ever got that much life out of pair shorts from any other company.

atomicAdam   Cross Country Rider [Dec 23, 2011]
Strength:

test