Endura Hummvee Lite Shorts

Endura Hummvee Lite Shorts

Endura took their popular Hummvee short and distilled it down to a featherweight performance baggie.

[May 24, 2016]
Kurt

Strength:

Lightweigth, drying fast, robust

the front button just desintegrated, so now I'm about to find out how customer support works.

Except for the button, they are great. And even look great - one can use them without people wondering why one is wearing diapers :-)

Hummvee long

[Dec 04, 2012]
nick

Strength:

Good for short or long rides.

Washing them.

These are great. I ride 4-5 days a week and I wear them two rides in a row and then wash, so that is at least 2 washes a week and I have had them for over a year now. After so many washes they are going strong. I guess it is time to buy another one. I started wearing these on my road bike because they are so nice and comfortable.

[Feb 02, 2012]
RaveOn

Strength:

Light weight. Feel cool. Dry fast. Slide really easy on/off saddle. Durable where it needs to be, light where it doesn't. Fairly good removable liner. Liner has a total of 12 snaps to secure onto shorts. Hem adjustable (quads). Would buy again.

Made in China! Price considering they are made in China.

So far these are the best ride shorts I've ever owned. I'm not too certain the liner will last...if I get a year out of the liner I will be very happy. A little on the pricy side if you pay full retail. When I bought these I noticed quite a few long threads here and there that I needed to trim off, I wasn't expecting this for paying this much. Buy 1 size bigger than you think you need. I generally wear large shorts but ordered the XL and they fit me fine. I really like the slippery and durable saddle area fabric (Cordura). Great when you are on/off saddle when riding technical singletrack (my fav). Don't know if its due to these shorts but I'm riding faster (lap times).

Product code: E8029BK

Hoss Ponderosa (they went out of biz)

[Jan 28, 2012]
sasquatch rides a SS

Strength:

Very lightweight, Breathable, Thin but protective, Liner is of great quality, zipper pockets, stay put and don't ride up/fall down/get in the way

None that I can recall

Very nice and comfortable fitting shorts. They breathe well and feel very cool while riding. If you happen to get these shorts wet on a creek crossing or if you have a leaky CamelBak like I did you will be surprised how quickly they dry while you're riding. The pockets are nice and the removable liner is great too, especially for washing. These shorts have a nice built-in belt with a plastic buckle that stays put and does not loosen on long rides as well as a button/zipper combo just like regular shorts. They clean up very nicely, I bought the light grey pair, because the shop was out of stock in black (I am glad I got the grey because they aren't as hot as black shorts in the sun) and after a full season of riding they have no stains, rips or tears on them. I will definitely reccommend these to anyone looking for a pair of riding shorts. The price may run you away at first, but if you think of the hours upon hours you will be using them and the amount of ass aches you will save yourself they are definitely worth it.

[Oct 24, 2010]
donutboy

Strength:

weight, chamois quality, zipper pockets, breathability

non

These blow my Fox shorts away. I wore 'em all summer and they are my go to shorts in the fall. I have to get the Humvee full weight next. Bomber for when the temps are high. I like the pockets, the belt could use a little work, but it's a light weight short...so hey.

Fox

[Aug 20, 2010]
Chris C.

Strength:

Light weight, great fit, comfort

Maybe needs one more pocket. Inseam length could be 1" longer.

I was looking for a pair of lightweight shorts to wear on hot days. The Endura Hummvee Lite definitely performs as advertised! Very comfortable, light weight material. The click fast liner is decent too. I've owned a couple of pairs of Endura MTB shorts now, and they've all been great!

You name it- Fox, Endura, Gore, Pearl Izumi, etc.