Boure Men's PRO ELITE Shorts Shorts

Men's PRO ELITE Shorts

This premier bicycling short features heavyweight 8-oz. PRO ELITE nylon/lycra®, ENHANCED 8-PANEL design, and AirTech® Campione chamois to provide unparalleled support and comfort for the most demanding rides.

tsd   Cross Country Rider [Jun 08, 2008]
Strength:

These shorts fit perfect. They are very comfortable and help make a long day in the saddle more enjoyable. The best I've tried.

I have the pro and the elite shorts and I would recommend them both.

Similar Products Used: suigo
Michael   Cross Country Rider [Nov 28, 2006]
Strength:

These shorts are almost invisible. They feel awesome, and once you start riding, you don't think about them. Additionally, they are probably the only shorts that actually fit the size they advertise: i.e. a L is a L, a M is actually a real-world M.

The chamois is very comfortable. These shorts are the first I have tried in the past five years that I would put on par with Volers from Velowear.

I love the fit and feel of these shorts. I have recommended them to numerous friends, and at least two have ordered them. If you are a larger rider, keep in mind that an XL in these actually mean XL, not some skinny Tour de France racer after 12 days on the bike...

Similar Products Used: I have probably tried over a dozen types of lycra shorts in the past two years alone. I always went back to my my Volers until I tried these.
Stimmer   Cross Country Rider [Nov 22, 2002]
Strength:

Top quality design, materials, craftsmanship and customer service..

Nope.

Exceptional product from an exceptional small company.

I happened upon this company several years ago from a write up in a local cycling newsletter type things.....author mentioned he had used these shorts, blah, blah, blah....next thing I know I bought my first Pro shorts.

Cool company, headed by Drew B. himself, and somehow partnered with Ned O. I have had nothing short of positive, polite interactions with this outfit, great sales and customer service...

The shorts themselves are awesome (I have both the Pro and Elite model...I prefer the Pro, just personal fit/feel). The cut is like no other - well articulated, it feels like nothin' when riding. Top-quality chamois....I haven't had a sore since I started using them. Pros work great underneath tights, especially drew thermal bib tight.

They are pricey, but compared to others in the $70+ range these shorts have no equals for me. For me, this is like my CK headset.....it just stands apart - a must have mtb item.

Similar Products Used: Bell, Pearl, etc, etc...
Danny Aliperti   Cross Country Rider [Jul 27, 2000]
Strength:

Designed by Ned Overend and Drew Bouré (two great guys)
Great design and materials
Long lasting

Although this is a review for the Elite model, I would like to mention my all time favorite, the PRO model. It has great padding, fabric and cut.
It beats the Elite, in my opinion...and it's cheaper to boot.
Their stuff is designed by master Ned Overend and Drew Bouré, who is a taylor, so we have people who know what they're doing. Plus they're made in beautiful Durango, which brings a good vibe with all pieces!

Similar Products Used: Pearl Izumi, Castelli, Giordana, Descente, Aussie, Santini.
c88   Weekend Warrior [Jun 07, 2005]
Strength:

Fit, comfort, price, made in USA, no ridiculous graphics

Was really happy to find this company, I think it's great that there's a small, made-in-the-usa oufit making these high quality duds.

I bought the pro shorts and elite knickers. Haven't gotten to use the knickers yet, but have logged in quite a few miles on the shorts already. Definitely great fit, I don't even notice I'm wearing them. The chamois is very substantial as well, without being bulky in any way. Without sounding silly, I think these are the most comfortable shorts I've used. From just sporting them around the house, the knickers seem to fit just as well, maybe I can give more input on them when the cold weather sets in.

While these certainly aren't cheap, I would say they are much cheaper than comparable high-end pearl izumi stuff. The quality of construction is quite high. Boure has lots of jerseys, underwear and other stuff as well, check out their website and support these guys