Vittoria Rock Shoes

Rock

Vittoria Rock

Daniel   [Sep 29, 2001]
Strength:

This shoe im reviewing is the Vittoria 2002 Raider model, the shoe is lightweight, better than my old Diadora's by very far, this product is awesome!! i recommend it for XCers, and their road shoes, whoa they are the weight in total of one Shimano Shoe, for DHers i recommend the Vittoria Fox, and for on the cyclotrainer a pair of Vittoria Vitamin's most certainly do the job.

None Whatsoever

BUY ANY VITTORIA SHOE, YOU WILL BE PLEASED YOU DID!!!

Similar Products Used: Diadoro Chilli's
GonZo   Cross-Country Rider [Apr 21, 1999]
Strength:

super comfortable
lightweight

can't think of any

This review is actually for the Vittoria Magic ATB shoes (the ones with Carbon soles and Kevlar reinforced sides). They are without a doubt the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned. When I ride I cannot even tell I have them on! No numbness or toe pain (specialized) or boat anchor (nike) clunkyness. If you want high-end performance with the feel of comfortable slippers these are for you. Gotta give the Italians a 5 for this one.

Similar Products Used: various specialized,
nike, shimano, scott, look, etc.
Justin   Racer [Mar 16, 1999]
Strength:

light, stiff, super comfortable

easy to scuff and beat up

A lightweight and hyper-comfortable racing shoe with a super stiff sole based upon the road shoe Pantani wears. In fact, except for the long, skinny spikes and semi-aggressive ATB sole, this is the shoe Pantani wears, so stiffness is given. I call them my Vittoria socks because they fit better than a glove and cater to my foot like a sock. They do lack any protective covering on the front, so are easy to scuff. Torrelli recently took over distribution and customer service is excellent. For the record, I refuse to wear them in mud or extremely rocky areas (so I have a backup). If you can afford them (and a practice pair of shoes), they are more comfortable than Birkenstocks and truly transmit power (via the stiff sole) better than any other shoe I've ever tried.
Justin

Similar Products Used: entry-level older Vittorias and Specialized Comp
Chris   Cross Country Rider [Nov 08, 2003]
Strength:

Ventilation, light weight, stiff yet very comfy, good traction, very well made.

road shoes looking, toe spikes are so long that I don't think I will ever put them on. Fox model come with only 2 straps.

This is for Vittoria Fox model: extremely light and breathable due to its minimun padding. Need to strap tight because the thin padding won't offer thick bracing for side movement. But I really enjoy the cool breeze that ventilates thru the good looking silver mesh fabric- I never feel the cool air on my feet like that before!
Victtoria makes road products so you can find the stiifness and comfort in these MTB shoes as well, I only hope their design can look 'meaner' like Sidi or Adidas. I will give it 5 chillis for its light feel and performance, worth double than what I paid for.

Similar Products Used: Shimano, special'zd.
K   Cross Country Rider [Aug 10, 2003]
Strength:

Great Fit, light, stiff, simple velcro closure, durable so far, very breathable, hand made in Italy - so they claim. Mold to my feet like they were custom made.

None at all - I was somewhat concerned about the lack of protection over the toe but the Lorica shows barely any wear.

I have the Grimp in silver with Superfeet insoles. My feet tend to be a little on the narrow side. An efficient, no nonsense shoe that is stiff and incredibly comfortable. The sole transfers power well but has enough traction for reasonably comfortable walking. The lugs are actually grippy rubber, not plastic. The mesh breathes well for cool feet. It also lets in water but the shoe doesn't hold it and they dry quickly. Initially, the silver was a bit bright for my tastes but after some dirt they were more subdued. An absolute bargain at the price I paid, but given the supreme comfort, even worth paying full price.

Similar Products Used: Time shoes.
Michael Kirk   Racer [Aug 20, 2002]
Strength:

Everything.....light weight and like the other reviews mention, they are so confortable it is like wearing your favorite slippers

None so far other than hard to find.

Buy them, you won't be disappointed. If I can find another deal on these shoes I would definately buy and extra pair, maybe even 2. By far my favorite shoes and see no reason to try any others at this point.