Specialized Tahoe Shoes

Specialized Tahoe Shoes

When it’s a hike and bike day, the Tahoe MTB is comfortable, durable, and ready for the trail.

• Trail Traction rubber outsole combined with our midsole plate, which is tuned for efficient cycling, but flexible enough for walking: 3.0 stiffness index
  • Our most padded BG plush insole for on-the-bike support and off-the-bike comfort
  • Suede leather upper with breathable mesh panels
  • Top strap for secure closure also keeps laces safely out of chainrings
  • 2-bolt SPD-style cleat pattern, compatible with all major MTB pedals

[May 22, 2017]
EOS_

Strength:

comfort, design

I was looking for MTB shoes which would also be good enough for walking. I used these shoes for 3 years without any issues. I like the design (got the black/gray version). They are comfortable, at least they fit me very well. Only the top instep part is a bit tight, but not a big issue. They are flexible, stiffness index 3, good for walking, but the flex can be felt when pedaling. You simply can not have both. Also a bit heavy, but the price reflects that. I had no issues with cleat attachment. Shoelace holder is a nice feature, it holds strong (at least on mine), so laces do not get where they should not. Tread is good, so you get traction when walking or pushing the bike, also toes are well protected. Ventilation is good as well. They do not look much different from ordinary tennis shoes, so beside MTB, also good for commuting rides. For those who need cycling shoes for MTB/walk combination and commuting, highly recommended.

Shimano

[Jan 15, 2017]
Lost Llama
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Multi use design, roomy toe box, insole, traction, value

Color options, shoelace holder seems weak

After many other brands(giro, shimano, five-ten) i finally found a cycling shoe that i can use for the commute to work and on the trails. At a price that i dont have to worry about, these shoes are the way to go. They are roomy enough that my toes dont feel like sardines. Great cleat attatchment area and grippy for those hike-a-bike climbs. I do wish they came in black without accents, but i can live with the little bit of red. The lace holding bungie seems a bit flimsy but i usually tuck the laces inside. Whlie they are larger than other cycling shoes, my toe covers still fit without interference. My two cents: if you dont care about fashion or having the the newest, than these are a great allround shoe for commuting, mtb, social rides(aka beer rides)

Shimano, giro and five-ten

[Aug 06, 2014]
d-bug
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Seem to be built fairly well.

I can feel the cleat plate through the shoe sole. Wearing them for any more than 30 mins causes my feet to go numb because of it. I only wear them for a 30 minute commute, but can't wait to get them off when I get home. I won't even try taking them on an mtb ride, which is always 2+ hours. That would be miserable.

I wanted something with a rubber sole and extra comfort for trail work days. These would be great if the cleat plate didn't bulge up into my feet.

Specialized bg pro with carbon sole.

[Jul 06, 2013]
Rich

Strength:

uncertain as I can't get them to hook into the pedals to use them

The depression where the cleat is attached is too small. One needs to litterly position the shoe and cleat directly over the correct spot on the pedal (talking spd here)to engage the cleat. Otherwise the rubber bars which run alongside the cleat intrude. One 'could enlargen the depression by cutting out the rubber bars on either side of the cleat but why?
I took mine back for a refund.

Great looking shoe that the designers got the say on not the ergonomic engineers.

[Jan 28, 2013]
BikeAdvocate
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Cost, Breathability, shed mud easily, durability

Breathability, Lacing style

I have had these shoes for over four years now and they have held up well. I use them mainly on the trail, but also for commuting. I paid somewhere around $60 for them new. They fit alright. Loose in the toe box (I have med./wide feet). When tightening up the laces in the mid-lower section of the shoe it makes the bottom of my foot numb faster... kind of a bummer. They have great breathability for hot weather and will dry out fast because of this. For cooler weather my toes get cold/numb pretty quick. Booties can remedy this. Neither shoe shows much sign of wear and tear after beating them up on and off the trail (they've swiped rocks pretty hard).
Maybe they just don't fit my feet very well.
Overall: Good shoe for the cost. Best for warm weather.

[Apr 07, 2012]
nohyphens
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Comfort

Cleat mount

These shoes wear very easily and aren't very durable. the cleat mounts move very easily after extensive use for 2 weeks. I'm not a very hard rider, but I do jump a lot. I've already had to remove the factory tape (very cheaply made) and re-tape to ensure stable cleat mount positioning.

Do not buy unless you are an extremely casual rider.

[Jul 26, 2011]
bullzeye

Strength:

Great fit, easy to adjust, stiff sole. Easy to walk in.

None yet

Great shoe at a good price, as good or better than some shoes that cost much more

[Jul 24, 2011]
allenfstar

Strength:

Good power transfer, snug fit, good durability

cannot go back to platform pedals once the cleats are installed

Excellent shoe for the money, has great traction when hiking/pushing, fit runs pretty true to size, would not recommend for platform pedals (started using with crank bros 50/50s) but great for clipless xc riding, also dries extremely fast.

cannondale mtn shoe