Specialized Pro MTB Shoes

Pro MTB

Our competition level Pro shoe with patented Body Geometry technology offers outstanding fit and versatile performance for cross-country and all-mountain riding. The carbon sole and efficient closure system make a stiff and lightweight performance-oriented shoe.

• Performance-enhancing BG contours in the outsole and BG+ High Performance Footbed
  • Light and stiff, full-length FACT carbon midsole: 10 stiffness index
  • D-link closure system is designed for lightweight, secure ankle control and adjustability
  • Engineered Micromatrix upper is light, durable and supple fitting, with welded reinforcement in high-wear areas
  • Low-profile and lightweight SL buckle for secure closure
  • Durable injection composite outsole for confident traction
  • 2-bolt cleat pattern, compatible with all major MTB pedals
  • Ultra-vented tongue for breathability

Dirty $anchez   Cross Country Rider [Jun 01, 2013]
Strength:

Comfortable, most comfortable shoe yet. American sized, nice and wide. Wider than Garneau and Bontrager. Stylish without being gaudy. Ventilation is superb. Stiff, well padded where it needs it. Not for extended hike a bike. If your an Endurance rider needing wide shoes these are for you.

Buckles could be vulnerable.

These things are wide and they come in a wider width yet. Definitely not a Euro fit, suitable for looooong hours in the saddle.

Similar Products Used: Sidi, Garneau, Lake, Bontrager.
Morals   [Feb 04, 2013]
Strength:

Comfortable as Hell., decent styling - low key

Expensive - but oh well *sigh*, they're awesome

Well, I'm replacing my original pair that I've had for about 4 years I'm guessing. A lot of miles, anyways.

My newest ones are in the box, so I'm reviewing the ones I have had the last 4 (I think) years. They were AWESOME. The moment I put them on in the shop, I was sold. Done. Sign me up. I replaced the footbeds one time with the blue Body Geometry inserts, and I had no significant foot pain or numbness. Right now I'm riding the same pair missing 75% of the tread from the bottom of the shoe....the carbon is separating from the bottom, the screws holding in the cleats are questionable, and I can feel the shoes flex like rubber bands as I'm riding.

Obviously, I need to put the cleats on my brand new ones and ride them. I just HATE to scuff them up at 300 f*******g dollars a pair! It's like the ferrari I'm afraid to drive (if I had one, of course).

All that being said. Best. Shoe. Ever......and I have wide feet as well. Thought I'd throw something useful in there.

MTB Dad   Racer [Nov 23, 2012]
Strength:

Light weight, good fit, breath well.

Weak buckles!!

Received these as a Christmas gift last year. Shoes fit great and I love them but for one issue, the buckles are weak. $300 shoes and in one season I've replaced 4 buckles at $20 a buckle, not a pair. Yes Specialized did cover the first one since it happen in the first 60 days and the rep told me they had issues.
Plus another issue is trying to get replacements, dealers and Specialized seem to have trouble stocking them.

If it weren't for the buckle issue I'd never go back to Sidi.

Similar Products Used: Sidi Dominator, Shimano
T Woo   [May 14, 2012]
Strength:

Stiff and the ventilation is amazing.

none so far

I have ridden with sidi dominator for over ten years. Before Sidi I tried an early model of a specialized shoe and they were painfulld one size seemed smaller than the other. These shoes are so much stiffer than older generation Sidis
for warmer climates like California after a 4 hour ride my feet were completely dry! They are just as comfortable and the quality is on par with Sidi. they look better after some trail dust/dirt.
The foot beds offer the perfect support, than the nonexistant support ofthe Sidi. The tounge is ventilated too. Great Shoes and at the price point they are better than the Sidis.

Similar Products Used: sidi dominator
zarf1   Weekend Warrior [Jan 13, 2012]
Strength:

So comfortable straight out of the box

Great shoes best I have tried. Highly recommended!

Similar Products Used: Shimano, louis garneau
photodog   Weekend Warrior [Jan 12, 2012]
Strength:

Super comfortable, very good fit, stiff sole, durable

Sort of ugly, buckles stick out farther than I'd like

Best shoes I've ever owned, no question.
Mine are a few years old now and still going strong even with daily riding. Granted I live in a dry area and don't walk in them at all but I'm still impressed by how well they are holding up and how comfortable they still are. I remember when I got them being really surprised at how well power transfers through them; none of the flex I was used to in my Sidi's. That and I thought "Wait, I'm not supposed to have sore feet while riding?"
Even though they have lasted 4 seasons now I'm going to knock a chili off the value as almost $300 is a lot for shoes (and the Pro's were around $200 just a couple years ago which I think is a fair price).