Specialized Ground Control Shoes

Specialized Ground Control Shoes

Specialized Ground Control Sport Size 39 is a lightweight, breathable shoe perfect for spinning or offroad cycling. SPD Compatible.

[Mar 12, 1998]
Souka
cross-country rider

Specialized Ground Control Sport (for pic, http://www.lickbike.com/i2967050.htm)I've had them for 2+ years. Put over 5,000 miles on them. Racing, singletrack, mud, dry, etc. I wear just a thin sock and don't develop hot-spots, and never a blister. Not made anymore, so availability/sizes are limited. Currently trying to find a replacement, trying all shoes from $30-$200....if it fits, I'll buy it...my feet are such a pain to find shoes for. Keep riding,
--SoukaP.S. If you know where I can pickup a pair, email me...PLEASE! :)

[Jul 17, 1997]
skinny narly dude
cross-country rider

i've got the old style ground controls. can i say after one year, they have been nifty some days and a pain in the ass on others. most of the problems lie in the sole design and its compatability with my shimano 535s. the rubber tears around the cleat and causes VERY BAD things to happen. they slip and lead to no release at all. the shoe is comfortable and relatively easy to walk in. this is good. maybe with the new el gato design specialized shoes will reflect the reputation their bikes have!thanks for reading.
big ring technical riding rules!

[Jul 14, 1997]
Jeff

Junk! Junk! Junk! Heel slip, poor traction, stitching on toe is fraying. When portaging the bike up a steep section, its like sh#t, my f%cking shoes are falling off! To top it off, I bought this shoe a size under. I can't believe I wasted my money on this crap! Just shows its never frugal to buy cheap!

[Jul 14, 1997]
Ben Miller
downhiller

I do not understand some of your complaints with this shoe. Numb, foot slips out, not SPD compatible, 1500 miles later? For starters get the right size shoe. Two I have used mine for 500 miles on 747's and have not had one problem. Three I would hope that they would not survive 1500 miles. Holy cow. I ride hard and for 80 bucks you can not beat this shoe by any means with anything else on the market. Pick up any 96 mountain bike review magazine and see for yourself. One of the top 5 best new items of 96. Beat that Thrifty shoppers. This shoe is excellent for 80 bucks.

[May 13, 1998]
keenan
racer

I got the g.c. ultimates from nashbar for 30 bucks they work pretty good
and they have a cool micro lock buckle and heal straps they work fine for me
I don't see what was wrong with the other ones that the people had but
for 30 bucks it's a good deal I don't think they have anymore though

[Dec 29, 1998]
Trusty Terry
cross-country rider

I have had these shoes for two years now. After three weeks of use,these shoes fell apart. The soles peeled off & the stitching came apart. Leaving me very mad & with two specialized piles of crap. I took them back, and they gave me another pair. The second pair is holding up. These have been good shoes. I will never buy specialized shoes again,because of the first pair. I give these shoes two specialized flamin piles of crap,for all I went through.

[Nov 22, 1998]
Kerry Lensing`
cross-country rider

No problems with these shoes at 4-5 rides a week. Black in color is a hell of a lot better than RED and YELLOW And the price is right too Going on 5 years now . But I dont walk in them either just ride! By the way I wont buy nikes because everything I've bought from them for running or hiking has come apart in a very short time not any 2-3 runs though!

[Oct 06, 1998]
Onno Baack
weekend warrior

The design of these shoes is really old, i bought my first set in 1992, after two years of riding races, the carbon/thermoplastic sole broke at the pedal cleat attachment. No warranty whatsoever, Specialized just gave me new ones for free !!! what a service. Nowadays I'm not riding that much anymore and the sole didn't brake again, but after six years of testing my conclusion is that this shoe absolutely rocks !!!! and Specialized too !!!

[Aug 26, 1998]
LB
cross-country rider

I've had these for about two years and they are holding up fine. I don't have anything else to compare them to, but they they have served their purpose well so far. My only complaint is that the agresive sole pattern makes it difficult to get into my toe clips. They tend to get caught on the pedals.

[Aug 05, 1998]
Jonathan
cross-country rider

This shoe rocks! I have the Ground Control,as pictured,not the El Gato.
I have taken this thing through every kind condition you could imagine.
Rain,mud,sand,dirt,and occasionally,a few streams.Everything except snow!
I'v even raced with it once.I bought it through Supergo for only 30 bucks!The
best purchase I ever made.Now,get off the computer and go buy these! :-)