Specialized BG Trail 110 Shoes

• 3/4 cuff ankle
  • Lightweight nylon sole
  • Hard molded toe kick protector
  • Engineered Micromatrix upper
  • Welded reinforcement in high wear panels
  • 2-bolt SPD-style cleat pattern

Mart   [Jun 19, 2013]
Strength:

Got them already more than one year and they are perfect. For fitment one of the best shoes i have ever had. Good grip while walking.

Cleat adjustment (in one or the other way i'm still adjusting the cleats) Hard to find / sell.

Perfect shoes, Lot of anckle protection,

luke23   Downhiller [Dec 26, 2009]
Strength:

Pretty light for the amount of protection.

The quality of the sole is terrible.

These shoes, while they are pretty damn light, wear out too fast. I do some fair amount of hike-a-bikes and these are the worst shoes for that by far. I took my first pair back to RNR and they swapped them out no questions asked. Now my second pair, after 4 months, are falling apart again. I am going to contact Specialized this time and see what the have to say. I have heard great things about Specialized customer support so we'll see. Keep ya posted.

Similar Products Used: Sidi, BG sport, Vans.
Bunjinjohn   Weekend Warrior [May 14, 2009]
Strength:

Confortable, good protection

Weak construction and materials

This shoe seemed like a good alternative to the Sidis that I was tearing up too quickly riding technical rocky trails. Too bad. The first weekend I wore these, I almost tore a heel pad off the sole. I glued it back in place and continued to have to do that four more times before it finally disappeared. Other pads continue to peel off and have had to be glued back on. Makes it a little hard to walk when you have to.

It's such a shame because these shoes work so well otherwise. They weigh barely more than Sidis, but provide a lot more protection. The scuff pads are showing some wear, but considering the stuff I like to ride, not excessive.

I'm disappointed. These are far better than their really awful predecessors, but at this rate, Having to buy a new pair every six months, I might as well go back to Sidis.

Similar Products Used: Sidi and previous version of this shoe
Heywood JaBlowme   Weekend Warrior [Apr 01, 2008]
Strength:

Comfy, breaks in fast, nice secure fit. Toebox area seems roomier than Sidis, Ankle protection

None. Well, I had trouble putting on one of the studs, so I said the heck with it; I've never used them on any other show

Recommended.
Breaks in immediately
Nice Ankel Protection for those "whoops" moments
Can't say if they are not as stiff as the $100 more Carbon soled version, but that smacks as overkill to me
Feel as stiff as the SIDI's, though racer types might disagree. Not a noticable weight difference, but this is from someone not setting any land speed records, particularly with hauling around a Nicolai TFR as a trail bike.
Work well with Time Z-Controls, no clearance issues clipping in or out

Similar Products Used: Sidi Dominators, which I purchased like 7 years ago and still going strong