Specialized BG Sport Shoes

• Real leather & mesh upper
  • Body Geometry technology
  • Secure fitting 3 strap Velcro closure

Veda   Cross Country Rider [Jan 11, 2011]
Strength:

Perfect fit to my foot. Loose ankle area provides quicker pedaling and response. Nice styling

Lining up the cleat angle is a bit tough due to the ribbed sides that makes the cleat teeth not biting deep enough into the sole. So when I turn the screw hard the cleat also turns messing up the angle.

I got this at 50% off so it's definitely a good buy, but if I have to pay full price I'd probably get a Mavic again instead. The body geometry fit is awesome... actually it's perfect but the material quality is below the Mavic standard. Let's see how long this shoes hold up against offroad abuse. Many people below are complaining of the durability...

Similar Products Used: Scott, Shimano, Exustar, Mavic shoes
Scottay715   Cross Country Rider [Sep 20, 2010]
Strength:

Look cool. Substantially cheaper than other mtb shoes.

Durability. The stitching began to break apart and come loose at several spots. Also, the leather on the toe scuffed and finally tore open to expose the plastic.

I dont know why these shoes got such good reviews. I've only ridden them 10 or 12 times and they are already coming apart. We'll see if the torn threads eventually cause the shoe to come apart completely.

Similar Products Used: None. First pair of mtb shoes.
Boogie Man?s Nightmare   Cross Country Rider [Jan 26, 2010]
Strength:

comfort, durability, breathability

tougher sole would be better

Very comfortable and for-pedaling made shoes thanx to BG. A wider upper closure strap would improve fit. I would appreciate tougher sole but this is the basic shoes, so for tough sole go for a higher model.

Similar Products Used: very old SPD shoes
trek6000rr   Cross Country Rider [May 29, 2009]
Strength:

comfortable, durable, excellent feel/confidence/conection with spd pedals.

soles can be slippery in rain, tricky to engage until broken in due to the thickness of the sole around the cleat.

this is my first set of clippless shoes and i can't praise them enough.

Similar Products Used: DC's on platforms
92gli   Cross Country Rider [May 28, 2009]

Velcro straps not made well.

I was just at my local dealer looking to purchase these shoes to replace the rockhopper shoes I've been wearing for years. When trying them on I pulled one of the velcro straps and the velcro completely separated from the fake leather material of the strap. All of the stitching just ripped right out. This is a single row stitch all around the straps with no glue or anything for support - pretty crappy construction to say the least.
When I compared this to the straps on the Comp shoe I noticed that the comp straps are a heavier rubber-like material with the velcro fused to it - a much more durable solution. Needless to say, I just spent the extra money on the comp shoes.

eorozco23   Cross Country Rider [May 27, 2009]
Strength:

Great price for an "entry level" shoe, durability, after 3 years of ab-use the sole started to fall apart, stiff sole

Great value for the money, anyone looking for a good shoe for weekend rides and some afternoon weekday ride will not be dissapointed. Very durable shoe. As comfortable as a cycling shoe can be. Specialized BG concept is something goood! I raced a couple of times with them and didn't had an issue, but if I raced more I would be looking for mid-level or high-end shoes. Definitely recommend this shoes.

Similar Products Used: None
beereppc   Racer [Sep 17, 2008]
Strength:

Fit, comfort, durability, looks, price

These shoes are so comfortable I usually dont notice that I am wearing them. I have done plenty of races in them and never had any issues (also saw plenty of other racers wearing them) Sure this is supposedly an entry level product but it is a solid, high performance shoe that is extremely comfortable AND durable. Get these and you'll be satisfied, as well as saving money in the process

Similar Products Used: various shimano, diadora
Iwan Kemp   Weekend Warrior [Aug 16, 2007]
Strength:

Comfortable
Breaths
BG
Stiff
3 Velcro Straps that HOLD
Grip when walking/running

I believe these to offer the best balance of value for money, durable, comfortable of most MTB shoes. Even for a lot more money. Not sure the Comp upgrade is worth the plenty extra $$$ considering what you get with these. I will definately buy another pair once these go - which won't be soon.

Conner   Cross Country Rider [Jun 25, 2007]
Strength:

very ligh, breathable, very Conferrable

these shoes are the best

Brandon   Racer [Apr 29, 2007]
Strength:

Price, BG concept, design, durability

Makes my feet numb, customer service

As a low-income cyclocross racer, the concept of this shoe seemed great. The BG technology really appealed to me, especially after wearing so many Italian designed shoes for so long. Unfortunatly, I am not satisfied. The shoes seem fine and comfy untill I'm out riding with them. I'm not sure if it's just my particular foot (which I don't think has anything unusual) but after 30 min. to an hour of riding my feet get numb. This isn't the tingling "falling asleep" feeling. I find myself constantly snapping out of the pedals to shake the blood back into my feet. It may just be my foot type, but for that reason I don't reccomend this product. In addition to that, I had a lot of problems with the customer-service when ordering online. The online store ended up charging me for three pairs, and two of them ended up in shipment to my house. I refused the package and sent it back, but it was only after 15 phonecalls and 2 months that they ended up putting the money back on my credit card.