Specialized 02 Comp Mountain Shoe Shoes

Specialized 02 Comp Mountain Shoe Shoes

Superior MTB shoe design integrates our Body Geometry (TM) Technology, to increase performance and reduce injury. Top-end technical features include a stiff, light and super durable co-molded outsole, breathable microfiber leather upper with stretch-resistant straps and a trail tough toe guard. Available in black with titanium accents.

[Jun 07, 2010]
MarshallRider

Strength:

Wow, these have lasted 10 years plus. I used them at least 200 days a year both on and off road. I am very happy with their all around performance.

None considering their length of use.

Loving the durability and length of life of these shoes. Will be thinking about another pair of specialized again because the great previous experience.

Never needed anything else

[Apr 05, 2006]
Jason
Downhiller

Strength:

Durability, Strength, Weight, Stiffness, Looks, Longevity

Rubberized sole wears out.

This shoe has gone strong for over three years now. I was recently in the hunt for a new pair of shoes and couldnt exactly find what I wanted. What I wanted, was really another pair of these. They are light and strong and have lasted through a couple years riding in some pretty inhospitable climates. They have raced both DH and XC and never complained once. Only now after three harsh years, is the sole beginning to peel off. I will do what I can to salvage them for as long as possible, until Im absolutely forced into another pair that I hope can even compare.

Many, many other cycling shoes...

[Feb 11, 2006]
Ratt

Strength:

Fit, fit, fit. neoprene sock under the tongue.

The bottoms could be made more durable, tore the rubber nobbies off, snapped off the cleat bolts

Shoes are a very subjective thing because all feet are not the same. The most comfortable shoe i have tried on so far are Sidi Dominator 5s, they hold my heel the best, don't crush my toes, and the tongue does not dig into my ankle. My Comps recently died (my riding style not the shoe's fault) and I have tried on a couple of dozen shoes and these shoes have spoiled me. The only shoe that come close are the Sidis but I will not pay $230 for shoes. My search continues.

Sidi Dom5

[Jan 05, 2004]
Stu Alp

Strength:

Everything. Comfortable for long rides, Great for racing. I have beat the hell out of my shoes for three years and they r still up for another season but i will now just use them for muddy conditions. I have raced and riden this shoe in every imagineable comdition and it had performed and lasted through everything.

None.

This shoe rocks!

None, i havdnt had too.although i will be getting the 2004 pro mountains

[Mar 17, 2003]
Kurt

Strength:

Great product!!! Can't say anything bad about it. Really tough and stiff. Has performed well in rain and dry conditions.Very comfortable!!!

None that I know of...

Buy it. They are the most comfortable shoe I've tryed,I have wide feet and they are great. They also took care of my knee problem, because of the body geometry design. Great shoes!!

Lake, etc, etc..

[Feb 23, 2003]
Tim Matthews

Strength:

This shoe is indestuctible,toe spikes are great when you bike and hike.

Just one,i find the velcro straps are to long.

Buy these shoes,as they are my first mountian shoe i am very pleased with them.The shoe breaths well,nice and cool on hot days,i have worn them for over 1200 miles with no foot aches or any problems.

[Sep 18, 2002]
Kell Cov

Strength:

Stiff ass hell, Body Glove themes is pretty well thought out to me. Way better than my ol' NIKES and huge improvement over previous Specialized footwear.

Walking!?....Dont even think about it mon',Plan ya rout accourdingly or bring extra footwear.

This is alot of shoe for the money,pro style on mechanics budget.

Gaff tape?

[Oct 02, 2002]
Stu B

Strength:

Stiff, good looking, comes with spikes and spike tool, very breathable.

One minor thing, the stitching in the toxbox could be felt wthough my sock, covered it up with a bit of tape, and no more problem... after a couple rides, the stitching softened up.

This is the first shoe I have ever purchased. I tried on several models such as the (answer impact, sidi), and could not find a shoe that fit so well for the price. The shoe "hugs" the foot, unlike some shoes I tried on that sorta "grabbed" the foot.

I'm glad I picked this shoe instead of a cheaper pair.

this is my first shoe

[Jan 29, 2003]
Evan

Strength:

I have a wide foot (EE) and these fit great. Colors are sweet, though that shouldn't matter, but it does. Body Geometry feels good, you'll either love it or hate it. Nice stiff sole for great power to the pedals.

Body Geometry can be felt after a while. After distances, I can feel the metatarsal button under my foot, and it kind of makes a pressure point, but nothing painful. Keep in mind I only ride about 4-5 miles on the trail. If you bike long-distance, try someone else's Specialized shoes before you buy to get used to the Body Geometry. My feet sweat a good deal when wearing them inside during Spin classes, but on the trail they vent great. Some minor heel slippage when walking uphill, though I don't use the laces...

These shoes are great for the money. My $100 is even a little high. If you're willing to wait, and can find them in your size, you'll pay less for last year's model.

I haven't ridden much on the trails with them since it's winter here and WAY cold. I do take Spinning classes twice a week for an hour each and they feel great. Definitely help me improve my pedalling technique, and the transfer of power compared to running shoes is no comparison.

None, these are my first pair of SPD shoes.

[Nov 20, 2002]
Gregory Ceconi

Strength:

This shoe is good fitting and very stiff.Good looking too. Rubber soles are softer and grip better than previous models. Toe guard is great and the arch control is supportive but just maybe a little too much for pronation control.

I hate the shoe laces. I think Specialized should just get rid of them. They are just a hassle to put on in a hurry. Also, the X-Country spikes are pretty cheap. Mine broke off after the third or fourth ride.

Great shoe for the money. If they just used velcro straps only and ditched the laces and the spikes for X-Country it would be the best value out there.

Previous SIDI Dominator. Great shoe, just expensive for something you are going to trash.