Specialized 01 Pro Mountain Shoes

Specialized 01 Pro Mountain Shoes

Our no holds barred, high end, race oriented mountain biking shoe with Patent Pending Body Geometry Technology.

• New Patent Pending Body Geometry Technology: Varus wedge, metatarsal button, longitudinal arch support
  • Upper design and contoured BG insole developed to deliver a better fit
  • Lightweight, tightly woven mesh upper keeps grit out. Sublimated fade
  • DuPont Hypalon heel retention cage increases durability, improves fit
  • 3 straps made out of compression molded Italian vinyl. Laces included in box
  • Compression molded canopy of synthetic leather and Airprene minimizes hot spots when using straps and laces
  • Molded plastic toe bumper
  • Outsole material is stiffer and 20gm/pr lighter than the Comp
  • SPD, Time and Speedplay compatible

• USER REVIEWS

[Oct 30, 2001]
    Clay E Ewing

Strength:

Accustomed to heavy, stiff, leather Carnac Evolution shoes (their top of the line from almost 6 years ago), I was put off by the thin feeling I got when putting these on at first. The upper snugged nicely around my foot, the sole was rigor mortis stiff, but, I thought, this is not a substantial shoe.
    I think--after almost a thousand miles--I may have been a bit hasty.
    These very light, very stiff, well ventilated shoes, may have cured the problems I've had for years with 2 pair of Carnacs, one pair of Diadora: feet that fall asleep after about 35 miles, and a feeling that my foot is not properly aligned with the pedals or my body. Is the Varus Wedge and Metatarsal Button gimmicks or real? I don't know, though maybe after a few more thousand miles I will know. What I'm willing to say thus far is that these shoes are substantial, my feet don't fall asleep anymore, though it's a bit early to really tell about my knees (which are damaged and I'm putting off surgery until I can't put it off any more).
    The three straps are exceptionally easy to adjust on the fly, the neoprene sock is nice, too. The heel reflector lights up in car headlights, which is great for us commuters.
    Some of my first mountain bike shoes were Specialized, then I got off on what I was told was "the best" (Carnacs), and, I have to say I've mostly worn out one pair, though the Evolutions just keep going and going. My first two pair of Specialized--so many years ago--were great, and I'm now glad to be back to this brand. I would recommend them, without hesitation.

None so far, but the idea that great shoes cost $150 still seems weak to me. But, my Carnacs, 6 years ago, were $240, my hiking boots currently go for $195, even my work shoes (walking type) were $150. I guess I can't get with the program.

If you want well designed and well made shoes, and these fit your feet (the Metatarsal Button feels weird at first, but you won't notice it 10 minutes into your first ride), they'll do great for you.

Carnac, Diadora, Specialized

[Oct 28, 2001]
    Chris Lashua

Strength:

Heals are stiff. Shoe is very comfortable after a few rides.

The molded cleats started to separate from the heals after 2 months of 3 time a week riding. Specialized replaced them quickly with no problems, so far so good on the second pair.

Perform great, stiff and comfortable, hopefully will prove to be durable. May not be comfortable for wide feet.

[Oct 26, 2001]
    joe

Strength:

Strong, durable

hurt like hell

I have tried to get use to the shoe, but after a couple of miles they just hurt. I have to pull up and coast through the trail. If they did not hurt so bad they would be the best.

By the way I do have fallen arches.

just specialized

[Dec 30, 2001]
    Jana Lingo

Strength:

Most comfptable cycling shoes i've ever owned

Hard to walk in

as I said, these shoes are the most comfortbale pair of cycling shoes I have ever owned (so far..) Walking is a bit diffcult, mainly due to stiff sole, Which is a comprimise I can live with. If you have Flatt feet , you probably should avoid these, due to the BG contured insole.I have noticed with workmanship whatsoever. The price could be a little cheaper, but I did pay it. A very good par of shoes.

Specialized, Nikem, Carnacs

[May 24, 2001]
    Jeff

Strength:

-WiCKed Looks -Breathes Nice
    -Stiff Sole
    -BG Really Fits to the foot well

None so far. . . . will update as necessary

The 3 straps really hold your foot tighly! They look cool, and breath REALLY well.
    A must have.

Shimano, Airwalk, Lake

[Apr 04, 2001]
    Matt

Strength:

The color, straps do not cause blisters or numbness in feet, did not get blisters (which is common for me to break in shoes)

These shoes fit like my soccer cleats. I can sprint in them, even though I do not play in them. They hold my feet well with little bend in the sole. I started with azonic platforms and switched to time's, with these shoes put in the picture I could never go back. I highly recommend them to anyone. Especially if you know someone that works at Specialized and can get them for $54. Buy them...

Etnies, 'es, vans

[Mar 13, 2001]
    Matt Forys

Strength:

great looks, extremely stiff sole, you put this shoe on and it FITS.

maybe the comfort an longer walks. (but hey, this is not a walking shoe)

3 straps hold your foot thight. The upper mesh seems breathable, no prob with hot feet so far. The laces are not really neccassary and don´t improve the fit. I bought the shoes one week ago, so i´ll post a following review in a couple of weeks.
    Best shoes I´ve ever had so far...

nike, sidi

[Feb 02, 2001]
    Brian

Strength:

good stiff shoe the new body geometry insole makes it the most comfortable riding shoe i have ever owned

none so far

by far the best riding shoe i have ever used the 3 velcro straps secure the feet tightly in the shoe and the neopreme liner keeps my feet happy and dry
    excelent shoe!

specalized comp shoe

[Jun 16, 2001]
    W C

Strength:

Very Stiff Sole

Heel slippage. Velcro straps had to be trimmed, rubbed pedal.
    Color(i have the red/yellow/black model may be y2k

Shoe fit is subjective to the person wearing them. That being said, great shoe on the bike. They are very stiff, which i like.

I have some heel slip problems when walking. Occasionally have pain on outside of foot oppposite of arch. May be due to over tightening to make up for heel slip. The middle velcro strap rubbed against crankarm which was annoying, i trimmed it with scissors. Not sure why they dont just flip it the other way.

I will probably try something different for my next pair, which may be a few years becasue these seem to be holding up very well.

Shimano

[Mar 31, 2002]
    Jim S

Strength:

super stiff sole, lightweight, look great, fit great

inner sock thingy feels a little tight at times

I really dig these shoes. All the "Body Geometry" technology really makes a difference. The little, wrap-a-round inner sock thingy feels tight occasionally (I don't know why its not all the time) but its not uncomfortable enough to ditch the shoes. Wow are these shoes light and stiff!

Diadora, Shimano