SixSixOne Flight Shoes

Flight

SIXSIXONE Flight MTB Cycling Shoe '08 is a lightweight premium level SPD race shoe. Mated to 2 velcro straps and a ratcheting strap to ensure tight fit. Aggressive outsole and stiff midsole for terrain grip and max power transfer.

dfrnt   Weekend Warrior [Jan 19, 2011]
Strength:

Good warranty Service through 661

Broken Buckle X3
Broken Strap X2
Tread wore out pretty quick

OK shoe for the money. You definately get what you pay for. I've ridden in these things now for a couple of years and they're totally beat to hell. They held up OK. Shreaded all the tread and blew out the right foot toe. I broke the buckle 3 times and had to send for another. I also broke a strap a few months into having them and 661 warranted them with no issues. Overall, there just OK. My advice would be to look for a better quality shoe that is on sale for about the same price as these.

Frs1661   Cross Country Rider [Jun 28, 2010]
Strength:

Comfortable enough. Ratchet retention system works well.

After less than a year of use (albeit heavy use) they are completely thrashed. Tears in the toe, lugs are missing from the tread, etc.

Decent shoes for the price for light users, but serious riders should consider spending a little more on something more durable.

lisaped   Cross Country Rider [Jun 04, 2010]
Strength:

Superb fit on my feet which are wide and always difficult to find proper shoes to wear. I tried Shimano, North Wave, Merida before 661. The latest are perfect both in comfort and riding function.

I wear European 45 or 45.5. My 661 shoes are 46 marked so I was lucky not to buy them online in 45 otherwise they'd be small. Here 661 designers are complete dicks just like all other brands whose actual fit and marking differ. All shoes I tried differed in that.

I wonder how long they will last but if I knew they last long I'd buy one more pair to use it after the 1st one died.

xtraordinary   Weekend Warrior [Apr 22, 2010]
Strength:

Comfort and Cheap

Love it! Cheap and very comfortable. Compared to my previous shoes, this shoes grip better in all conditions. Bottom part of the shoes are stiffer than my previous, makes it more comfy when pedaling and distributing the energy / power directly to the pedal.

Similar Products Used: Diadora, Exustar
757Driver   Cross Country Rider [Mar 22, 2010]
Strength:

Comfortable! Comfortable!

After over a year I tore off the rubber toe grips or whatever you call them.

Great shoes. Super comfortable and wear very well. Used them for over a year and just as great to wear as the day I bought them. Love these shoes. Much better than the Pearls and better than Specialized. They are like wear a pair of tennis shoes. Only trouble is I finally tore off some of the rubber toe grips in the rocky desert.
Also they fit a little big. I got a 43 and my Specialized and Pearls were the same but these are a little big. I would suggest one size smaller if you get online.