SixSixOne Expert Shoes Shoes

The SIXSIXONE Expert MTB Cycling Shoe offers race performance and comfort at an entry level price. A perfect choice for competitive cyclists who destroy the competition, but haven't gotten their oversized check yet.

Daniel Vazquez   Weekend Warrior [Jul 02, 2007]
Strength:

They look and perform well, they fit properly, little bit narrow first day but after tested I think they adjusted (or my foot did) perfect.

Rubber solid sole, I had to step over some rocks and a wood fence, almost killed myself they are worst over rocks than skates.

I will recommend these to people wich will go on "soft" trails, if your trails have lots of rocks, this shoes are not for you.

Similar Products Used: None, this are my first clipless shoes.
mark b.   Weekend Warrior [Jan 23, 2007]
Strength:

ventilation, secure fit, durability

a little narrow

saw some other comments about difficulty to walk in, and fast sole wear -- well, it took three years for mine to wear out, and there was one day when i rode to work and forget my street shoes -- had to wear the 661's all day. only a little stiffness in the calves after nine hours, OK? but, after three years, the uppers are coming apart, too. velcro lower straps started to separate last year, but shoes still held up. GOOD SHOES!!

Similar Products Used: 1st pair clipless
scott   Racer [Apr 08, 2004]
Strength:

very stiff platform, easy/quick velcro straps, price

cheap material, ugly

very efficient and stiff shoes. the price is great. my only complaints are long-term durability concerns (due to the cheap materials) and seemingly narrow forefoot (I have normal width feet and my forefoot is cramped in these shoes).

Similar Products Used: diadora chili
Adam Z   Weekend Warrior [Nov 07, 2006]
Strength:

Cooling, looks, weight, fit

The treads wore down so fast.

If you have "non-hobbit" or narrow feet these are perfect. I wouldn't recomend for people with large feet. They fit so perfect on me however and I will buy these again when they wear down a little more.

Similar Products Used: First pair of MTB shoes
Andrew   Cross Country Rider [Sep 20, 2006]
Strength:

nice design, very ventilated, comfortable

treads do not last long, uncomfortable walking around in them

these shoes were overall very comfortable. when i walk on the pavement tho, it gets unstable cuz the cleat extends farther than the rubber treads. the treads also wear down very fast; i think the pavement thears them up alot faster. simple 2 strap design. SPD compatible. if you plan to buy these shoes then get the 2006 model, they look alot better than the previous models. very nice look for doing XC, or if you just wanna have more control over your bike. these shoes cost about $30 now. very cheap for such a good shoe.

Similar Products Used: none. this is my first pair of clipless shoes
Spencer   Cross Country Rider [Sep 02, 2006]
Strength:

I purchased these new off Craigslist, not a scratch on them.
These are cheap and they hold up as expected.

Hard to walk on trail terrain due to big rubber cleats. I rode on platforms for TWO rides and the soles totally chewed up. I am about to super-glue one of them before it gets too bad. In addition to that issue they arn't the most confortable shoe in the world, due to how narrow they are. If you have some kind of hobbit foot, look else where!

These are cheap if you are on a budget or if you find these as cheap as I did. Other wise don't bother...

Similar Products Used: N/A
Amor   Cross Country Rider [Jun 29, 2005]
Strength:

Strong, cheap and effective. They look fine to me and I have used them for almost two years of riding and they are still in good condition. When needed I will replace these with another pair or another 661 product. They work for me!

Just try them out. I'm sure that they are perfect for any normal mountain biker. If you perfer a more fancy setup then get something else. These are basic, efficient MTB shoes that perform and are reliable.

Daniel Cifuentes   Weekend Warrior [May 22, 2005]
Strength:

Price, great for narrow feet like mine

2 velcro straps, looks (you don't look like a pro, but I'm not one, so?)

I needeed something to start to get in shape, and learn how to use cliplesss systems. For 40 bucks this shoes r stiff enough for you to transfer well your power. My feet are very narrow, so they fit great.

Maybe the luk will keep you away, but when you ride with these you forget you're riding clipless.

Love them, and completely recommend them for begginers like myself

Similar Products Used: First Clipless Shoes
John Enlglish   Cross Country Rider [Oct 26, 2004]
Strength:

Price, styling and rigidity make this a good value.

As another reviewer noted, I have a "normal" width foot and the shoes are too narrow in the toes for me.

The first pair of these I ordered (using Price Point's sizing chart) were so much too tight, I ordered the next largest size. They still felt snug but I wore them anyway (once, for an hour-long ride). My toes still hurt. Bottom line, as with all shoes, if these don't feel good when you put them on, look elsewhere. I'm not sure that I can get a pair big enought to feel right. I had real reservations about ordering shoes online and this experience confirms my fears. I'm lucky it was a $40 lesson and not a $100 one.

Similar Products Used: Specialized MTB shoes.
Justin   Cross Country Rider [Aug 17, 2004]
Strength:

I think they look badass... They are very comfortable, and they keep my feet cool with the big toe vent area. The hard toe area helps a lot when you ride through thorny vines and crap. Stiff in a good way. Dries out fast when wet

You cant walk in them for long if something goes wrong, but i guess thats the same with any clipless. Problems with the cleats rubbing on the welgo pedals.

This is a great bargan. It doesnt have that fancy racey look, but it does look like a hard ass real biker shoe that wont crap out on you when you need it, and it hasnt.

Similar Products Used: Toe Cage pedals... Cant use those ever again... this is much much better