Sidi Rampa Shoes

Sidi Rampa Shoes

Sidi Rampa

[Aug 24, 2009]
Dawid

Strength:

Fits like a glove. Good quality uppers

The knobbly soles are separating from the base on both shoes. Very narrow and hurt a bit in the beginning.

Good value for money initially. After 8 months the plastic layer which carriers the knobblies are separating from the base. I had to glue them down just before a big race. The rep complained that they did a fair amount of walking. Helooo..these are MTB shoes, we have to walk now and again. The soles are not worn down, they are coming loose, on both shoes. I expected them to last at least longer than my previous cheap Olympics. Won't buy these again. Still love Sidi's but depending on the outcome with the rep, I might go for something else.

Will keep them for spinning classes in the gym. At least we walk on carpets there!

Olympics - cheap and nasty but lasted 2.5 years

[Sep 01, 2003]
Gui

Strength:

Confortable (partially thanks to the sole not being super stiff)

Sole a bit flexy (comparing to Pearl Izumi Vortex,)
Durability of the straping design

I liked these shoes, they are very confortable and work well if you have to walk a bit (thanks to the sole not being super stiff). All stiches and the sintetic leather cover held up fine after one year of XC abuse in very rocky terrain (Norcal and Tahoe trails), as well as the sole. They are well ventilated too.

My problem is that recently I found the metal square ring where the strap laces to be cutting through the shoe leather, which is giving up to the pull force. Give it a couple more months and there will be nore upper strap (and each shoe only has 2 of them). I'm sending mine to SIDI for warranty and I'll be getting either the Bullet or the Dominator 4. Not giving the Rampa another chance. a $100 shoe should last more than one year, specially when the user rides an average of 2-3 times per month.

Metal "hook" where the Strap laces

Pearl Izumi Vortex

[May 05, 2007]
Grant
Downhiller

Strength:

Stiff sole
super easy to slip in and out of
easy to tighten

Slippery in the rain/wet (especially wood)
Dont keep water out like some other shoes

Good shoes for the price I paid. One of the best pairs for shoes I have demo'd or tried. If you can find them used in your size buy them. I dont know if I would pay 100+ for them. In that case just get some dominators onsale for around 160

Sette, Nashbar, Shimano

[Jan 20, 2002]
Paul

Strength:

Comfort
Discreet
Ease of use

See below

I got these for christmas and have used them only 3 times but they have broken already. I tightened the top velcro strap and pulled the metal retaining loop out - it looks like a design fault to me. Perhaps they have cut their costs too much to get them out at this price. However, I will trade them in for a more expensive pair of Sidi's. I still beleive they are a quality brand

Lake, Northwave

[Mar 02, 2007]
Hank

Strength:

-stiff (compared to recreational level cycling shoes)
-comfortable
-durable
-excellent soles (very aggressive)
-looks good

-strap can be a little too long...but can be fixed by applying another strip of velcroe strap

These are excellent shoes for the price . Stiffer than my the Diadora recreational shoes that I tried but I don't know how they compare with other shoes. They fit wide feet (mine are about 2E) and they are very comfortable. I love the soles. Their only weakness is that they are a little slippery in wet conditions. However, most bike shoe soles are like that. These shoes aren't cheap but not overly priced.

Diadora recreational shoes

[Jan 22, 2004]
james coyne

Strength:

sole is stiff for great power transfer, plenty of room for cleat reception so you can clip in/out easily, mesh cut-outs provide excellent cooling

sole is narrow and lugs are tightly grouped making this a shoe NOT to walk around in, only two straps so fit is kinda vague, silver color looks kinda pimpy

this is a dumb, non-all mountain friendly shoe. if you do any walking/hiking on a ride this shoe is not for you, in fact it's kinda easy to turn an ankle. two straps instead of three, not a good idea. and why are the straps fastened on the inside instead of the outside, as 99.9% of all other shoes are? dumb! the only saving grace is excellent sole stiffness. look at other shoes before even considering this one.

shoes

[Oct 20, 2003]
Avisan

Strength:

Wide fit.
Durable.
Cheap.

None found.

A great all around shoe. Not very stiff (read: Comfortable). Very durable. Washable. Breaks-in fast
I don't tighten the straps very tight, I like to have some blood circulating in my feet, so I haven't seen any damage to the straps like some others.
To those who's straps keep hitting the crank arms, try using a pair of scissors to cut the access strap and a drop of super glue to prevent it from fraying.
I've been using it over 3 years now. I do a lot of XC riding (some races), I also use it on my road bike and for Triathlons. I already bought another pair, it's sitting in the box waiting for this pair to expire.

Performance, Shimano, Exus

[Aug 09, 2001]
Michael

Strength:

-Quality fit & craftsmanship
-Very, very comfortable
-Light
-No flashy colors

-Wish it had three straps, but it is Sidi's entry level shoe
-Little traction on wet rocks and logs

I didn't want to pay this much for my first pair of bike shoes, especially with all the deals on the web. But after trying these on in the store, I know why Sidi's cost a little more. They made every other bike shoe I tried on feel like my big, clumsy skateboard shoes. It feels like the Italians sculptured these specifically for my feet. The craftsmanship and fit are outstanding. They are tight enough to hold my foot securely, while remaining very light and comfortabe. The fit is almost perfect. The bottom line - Sidi shoes are awesome.

First pair of clipless shoes

[May 30, 2001]
Mary

Strength:

I like this shoe because it offers a lot of durability and resistance against the elements, ie mud. I like the feel of the shoe whether it be in toe clips or clipless. They are snug enough without being constricting.

I know I'm not supposed to walk with them but in those rare instances when I am forced to scurry up an eroded hill I find that the heel cup slips and my foot shifts too far forward. My feet are slightly wider than a woman's but not as wide as a man's so finding the best size was a little difficult. After a long day of riding, the outsides of my feet are a little irritated and I don't like how the velcro strap catches on my bike because it crosses over the shoe from right to left. My foot just isn't wide enough for them.

Overall, I really like these shoes. I think they were worth what I paid for them and I feel confident that they'll hold up awhile. I like the fact like I can wear thick or thin socks with these shoes without feeling like the shoe is going to slip off or that I'm going to lose circulation in my toes. I think these are a quality pair of shoes--maybe not top of the line but certainly acceptable for those of us who don't want to buy "regular" mountain biking shoes and they are especially good for me the "baby biker."

[May 01, 2001]
BAA GOAT

Strength:

light, simple to put on/off.
easy to clean, durable..

more ventilation would be nice...

good shoe for entry mountain biking with clipless..

shimano