Sidi Dragon 2 Carbon SRS Shoes

Dragon 2 Carbon SRS

Sidi Dragon 2 Carbon SRS: The heart of the revolutionary and patented Mtb SRS Carbon Sole is a pure carbon insert reaching from the hel to the toe. The carbon insert as well as the replaceable Dragon SRS tread are bolted to a narrow...

jjtupi   Cross Country Rider [Dec 27, 2011]
Strength:

Stiff soles, good looking, lightweight, replacable parts,secure very adjustable closure.

E-x-p-e-n-s-i-v-e, sole wears fast really really FAST (have to pay $80 for carbon sole replacement)

I love this shoes, fits like a surgeons glove. Strong, light, lots of adjustability and cool looks!
You will feel the difference (against dominator 5) in a steep climb. You will be wondering how you can be quicker!
Straps and heel support lets you tighten them very snug.
Dragon will deliver the power you put, pushing or pulling.
Value rating: 3, because of price (OKEY, These are really top quality shoes)

Similar Products Used: Sidi Dominator 5, Sidi Bullet 2
lardy   Weekend Warrior [Oct 29, 2011]
Strength:

Stiff and fit well

You can't get replacement parts

What's the point of shelling out all this money on a shoe where one of its key features is the replacement sole system (SRS) and you can't buy the spare parts.

Apparently they have not manufactured any new SRS components since Feb 2011 and there are non anywhere in the UK and there is now news from the factory to the distributor when they might get some. Are they having financial difficulties or do they just not care about their customers? As an aside, a friend had a similar problem with a buckle on an older model a couple of years earlier - should have listened to him

I'm sorry but I won't be wasting my money on these again

STIJOHNNY   Weekend Warrior [May 16, 2009]
Strength:

Lightweight, stiff, close fitting, good looking, quality shoe

Suites XC racing more than heavy Freeride/Downhill type stuff. Expensive, 2 season shoe.

Fantastic quality close fitting shoe. Looks small out of the box but fits more like a surgeons glove than a wooly mitten. Lots of adjustability, very strong and light and even from new they fit like you've been wearing them for years.
Cool looks will suit racers and wealthy weekend riders with nothing better to spend their cash on!
These are really top quality shoes and a lot of thought has gone into the design. As they are light they may not suit the most agressive riders and are not suitable for winter cold weather use but for anyone else they are about as inspiring as a pair of shoes can be. When you are pumping the legs up a steep climb and wondering how you can be quicker, take a look down at that Sidi Dragon badge, that last part of the climb now seems easier...

Similar Products Used: Shimano, Diadora
Dan Gerous   Cross Country Rider [May 07, 2009]
Strength:

Replacable parts, stiff soles, secure very adjustable closure...

Not as confortable as I expected, very cheap insoles, sole wears fast, I'm losing SRS bolts and they're expensive.

I expected a lot given Sidi's reputation but I'm not finding anything special that makes them better than other brands. First, the straps and adjustable heel support lets you tighten them very snug, combine this with the stiff carbon soles and they deliver the power you put, pushing or pulling. I like the fact that you can replace the straps, the lugs are also replacable and I can see why, they wear out very quickly. I have also lost some of the SRS soles bolts after a few rides only so I'd suggest making sure they are tight and even put some blue loctite to prevent this. I expected them to be very confortable but they are not to my feet. The insoles are pretty worthless and shouldn't be on a top of the range shoe that expensive. The 'tongue' isn't too confy to me either and I just can't stand wearing them for too long, for a XC race, fine but for long rides, no thanks... With all that, remember shoes are very personal things, these are just not my thing. I wont be going Sidi for my next shoes.

Similar Products Used: Specialized, Shimano...
dgardner   Cross Country Rider [Apr 17, 2009]
Strength:

Comfort

Techno 2 winder locking pin works loose. Still waiting to see SIDI's response and whether they'll send me a new winder and pin otherwise a replacement buckle is going to cost 30$ for a pair.

Excellent

bikerboi123   Racer [Mar 09, 2009]
Strength:

Perfecto fit, looks super cool new, and fine adjustments on fit. Also a lot of the parts are replacable.

Price. And the boa adjuster broke. The black and gray plastic part came off after about 2 months of riding. So now I'm just using a safty pin to tighten the lace.

Buy these shoes if you can afford it. They look so sexy brand new but the white ones get dirty fast. Also chain reaction is a great place to get them cause they are super cheap, and they charge you in Euros so if you buy them at the right time you can save like $30.

Similar Products Used: Ergo carbon, spealizied BG comp
fabini   Cross Country Rider [Feb 09, 2009]
Strength:

very comfortable

under sole wear out in a heartbeat,they don't hold up as well as the price indicates,belt clip had to be replaced,

if money is not an issue go ahead and spend the bucks-otherwise they're the priciest most famous brand in the world but not necessarily the best,had to replace the under sole and the belt buckles,the shoes look like I've had them for 3 yrs.screws loosen up easily.I'm not that impressed with them.

Similar Products Used: specialized
Graham Mitchell   Weekend Warrior [Feb 07, 2009]
Strength:

Comfortable, superb straps and buckles, replacable soles and stiffness. Oh, and they're well ventilated too.

Small lugs on soles MAY wear quicker...

Comeon people! If you're buying shoes with relatively small grips on the soles, they're going to wear out quicker! What do you want? STEEL soles???
I bought these shoes as they were the only brand that near perfectly suited my feet. I tried Shimano, Specialized and North Wave; they all felt WRONG. SIDI? Like slippers! It doesn't take a three year-old to tell you the soles'll wear out quicker but you want light? I've just ordered a replacement set KNOWING that I'll need to replace bits sooner or later but THAT'S THE POINT, RIGHT?
I cannot quantify the amount of energy these highly functional puppies save me but it feels like a lot. Oh, and they're blingy as hell in black!
PS For the intellectually challenged; get out a SCREWDRIVER and perodically CHECK the screws on the soles...

Similar Products Used: Shimano
Ironkooch   Cross Country Rider [Oct 28, 2008]
Strength:

Stiff and comfortable.

Soles wear out quickly, screws that hold the soles on fall out, pad inside tongue is not affixed well (falling off), the little dial that tightens the mono strap fell off, the stupid little plastic heel things pop off when I put the shoes on...

I thought I was purchasing the best shoes ever, assuming that you get what you pay for, pretty sure I got ripped. I got these because I was going to the TransAlp and wanted a good quality shoe. By the time I finished the TransAlp they were nearly worn out. Don't get me wrong these are nice shoes that perform well but I think there are better values out there. I assumed that for $400+ these things would hold up well, they have not. I just purchased new soles after using for just 6 months. These are probably some of the best cross country racing shoes (very stiff) available but when I need new ones I will probably look elsewhere.

Similar Products Used: Shimano, SIDI Dominators, Answer, Northwave...
kokopellimtbxcrdr   Cross Country Rider [Aug 12, 2008]
Strength:

Sidi half sizes really allow a dialed in fit. Lightweight, stiff, and can be pulled snug very well.

Replaceable soles are nice, but they wear down much much faster than the dominator soles... I've been riding them for less than 4 months and I need new soles. It's 70-80 bucks to get new ones. If you keep your feet on the pedals and rarely hike, you'll be fine. If not, stay away from these. You won't save any money replacing these soles.

Good if you clean everything you ride. If you plant your feet or run with the bike much, steer clear.