Shimano SH-MT50G Shoes

• Mid-top design
  • MPS-Mini Power Strap

[Jan 02, 2007]
NJ-XC-Justin

Strength:

Comfort, warmth, durability

Flexability, weight, warmth

This was my first pair of clipless MTB shoes, and riding them for a year now, I'm happy with them. They are comfortable, and my feet remain warm without anything other than 1 pair of socks in winter riding. They are a better pick for cooler or cold riding because of their generous padding and 3/4 height and are also a fine pick for all-mountain/downhill riding.

In over a year of riding with them I have had no problems whatsoever. The only time I wish I had something different is when I did a duathalon and had to change into and then out of these in a hurry, which did not happen.

I'm now looking for a more race-ready pair, since these are heavy, but again, nothing but positive things for these shoes given what they are. $100 seemed a lot at the time, but now it's easy to see they're not a bad value given some people pay $300+ on MTB shoes.

OVERALL
[Jul 03, 2006]
Richard

Strength:

Straps really help the fit. Good tread for when I've fallen off the bike!

None found as of yet.

Great shoes that offer a little bit of ankle support when I have to walk up the trail.