Shimano SH-MT44 Shoes

Shimano MT-44 Cycling Shoe. Ideal multi-purpose trail/leisure SPD shoe, suitable for off-road adventures and on-road commuting. Designed for longer rides with extra comfort and for many different riding styles.

Skelldify   All Mountain Rider [May 14, 2014]
Strength:

Hikable, decent off-bike traction

Fit is odd, questionable durability on lacing

I've been having a tough time finding a pair of shoes that don't break. These looked promising, but one of the top eyelets snapped off during a ride after I'd had the shoes about two months. All of the eyelets except the top ones are pinned on. The top ones are cheaply stuck on and, sure enough, one snapped off when a rock struck it.

Also, they are a weird fit. They were short enough that my toes were touching the end, but they felt loose around the middle and top of my foot.

Overall these are probably a decent shoe if they fit you right. Make sure to try them on first. You can definitely hike in them if you need to, which was important to me.

I have yet to find a pair of shoes that has a durable retention system, so take my comment about the eyelets for what it's worth.