Shimano SH-MT42NV Shoes

The Shimano SH-MT42NV All Terrain Shoe is an updated version of Shimano's popular MT41G. Same comfort and performance as the previous model, with a much sleeker and modern design. For spin shoes and spin classes use the Bikehard Spin

rudaripu   Weekend Warrior [Jul 12, 2011]
Strength:

Looks like a normal shoe, provides good support for your feet

Not the best for wet weather, the shoes seem to absorb too much water and seem to become heavier than my old pair.
In muddy enviroments the Shimano M545 pedal+ MT-42 shoes engagement is not the best, maybe i will try a pair of Eggbeater pedals later...

After pushing my bike for more than 2 miles due to a flat tire i started to really appreciate these shoes, they perform very well on and off your bike. At 70US$ i think they give you a good value.
It would be great if Shimano issued a Goretex version for wet weather.
The shoes give you a snug fit if your feet are wide which is my case, so maybe you would like to order a half size bigger than usual...

Similar Products Used: Another Shimano shoes but i dont remember the code...
shekiyan   Weekend Warrior [Oct 19, 2010]
Strength:

Comfortable both for cycling and walking, fast drying, casual looks

None so far

My first pair of clipless cycling shoes. I don't think I'll even consider other brands/models when it's time to change - and I don't see that happening anytime soon. Unlike other shoes, this doesn't look out of place when I wear it to a shopping mall after cycling. Excellent comfort, fast drying and grip well when I've to hike.

Similar Products Used: None
Rutherknox   Cross Country Rider [Oct 08, 2010]
Strength:

Comfortable riding and walking, solidly constructed,

can't find anything to pick on

If you have foot or ankle problems you might consider buying a pair of these just for the support they'll give a weak joint. Has helped improve the action in my dodgy foot noticeably after 1 month. Shimano just don't mess around.

Similar Products Used: merida's
fizzle   Cross Country Rider [Mar 20, 2010]
Strength:

Very comfortable, good looks, plenty of grip when when walking on different types of terrain. Price isn't bad to begin with, but it helped that I had a discount coupon.

Had to remove some rubber from the sole for time pedals to work right.

I made a good choice. I tried on more that 8 pairs of shoes, and this one just felt right.