Shimano SH-M181L Shoes

• Mud shedding outsole
  • Extra-long cuttable strap
  • Injected molded ultra-aggressive

Devin   Cross Country Rider [Nov 13, 2006]
Strength:

Design, construction, traction, weight.

I paid 10 more bucks than Chris, at the same store. Rats!

I first noticed the design of the ratcheting buckle closure. Seems like it will hold up,.. due to its simplicity and ease of use compared to other buckles. The entire design of the shoe seems to be very well thought out. All of the materials used, appear to be top notch. The fit is spot on for my foot,..(I noticed other reviewers of different products tend to include their gripes about fit,..well,.. if the shoe did'nt fit, why did you buy it?) The sole/soul reason I bought the shoes IS because they fit, not for the name brand. When making my shoe purchase I did not limit myself to particular brands, I tried all of em on. I considered Sidi for quite sometime, but my Shimano's seem to be a better deal.

Similar Products Used: Lake
OVERALL
Chris   Cross Country Rider [May 13, 2006]
Strength:

The micro adjustment straps are great for getting an exact fit and can be adjusted on the fly. Compared to most MTB shoes they are light and much more stylish. When compared to comparable Sidis they are alot cheaper.

A little heavier than the Sidis (and I mean a little).

If you like all the comfort and quality but don't care about the Sidi name on your shoe, go for it.