Shimano SH-M077 Shoes

Shimano SH-M077 Shoes

M077 Competitive riders, off-road enthusiasts,Touring cyclists and fitness fanatics will appreciateThe quality put intoThe M077. Light, stiff, and durable,The M077 is one ofShimanos best mountain shoes. UPPER:Tough stretch resistant synthetic leather and mesh Triple asymmetrical straps prevent pressure points LAST: Volume+ last for a more accommodatingToe box SOLE: Fiberglass reinforced polyamide midsole plate Durable rubberTread offers excellentTraction and walking comfort Accepts 2

[Dec 05, 2012]
G-bone

Strength:

Fairly comfortable right out of the box.
Easy set up with cleats.
Good adjustability with straps.

Not too good when climbing rocks or hills. Very on rocks.
They look like geeky bowling shoes with football cleats (just a SPD newby point of view).

These are my first SPD shoes. I've been riding with toe clips for the last 30 years (go figure).
Along with last night being my first ride with SPD's in these new shoes, it was my first time riding at night with a new light (see Cygolite TridenX 1100X review)...AND in the mud. Quite the adventure.

So as far as these shoes go...
I think I nailed the position of the cleats on the shoes as well as the tension settings.
getting in and out of the peddles were smooth and easier than I thought it would be.
Using M520 peddles. Why did I wait so long?

The shoes them selves were OK in comfort - bought a size 44 and there were a bit tight around my toe area but I am going to assume a little breaking in is required. They felt a little low, leaving my ankles more exposed than I'm used to.

The sales person told me these are decent "bike-n-hike" shoes, which I do alot of in my area. Exploring new sections of game trails and carrying my bike to hook up to another trail etc.
The rubber soles are too hard. When I reached my first destination (one of my fav rocks) and tried climbing up to the top, the bottom of these shoes suck. Very slippery. But I guess this in normal for all SPD's

Why do the companies have to make these shoes look so GEEKY.
I wanted to buy a pair of SPD's that look more like hiking shoes but was told they are more "commuter" type shoes (?)

Again, this is my first pair of SPD's on the very first ride, so that said, I think these are great shoes to start off on and get comfortable with clipless peddles. I hope they work in a bit and I think they will work well for me all season.
I look forward to fine tuning the peddles and shoes and putting them through the gamut.

[Aug 17, 2012]
TFrog

Strength:

Width, durability.

Fastening system

I've used this model of shoe back in 2010. That particular model was good but I've recently bought and am wearing the 2012 model of the same shoe. The 2012 model is like night and day difference than the 2010. The 2010 model was too narrow for my foot even when wearing a 48 (12.3 American). With the new box toe in the 2012 edition, I probably could have dropped down to a 46 or a 47 though I prefer a little more toe room so I again bought a 48. The new toe box swallows my big WIDE feet (12EEEEE) and gives both feet room to breath far better than the 2010 model of same shoe. I'll be sticking with these shoes from now on.

2010 Shimano M077, Northwave Mission, Lake MX100

[Sep 19, 2011]
athorman

Strength:

weight, adjustability, comfort walking

maybe price?

This is my 1st clipless shoe (paired with M520 pedals) and I am very happy so far. I tried on a bunch of shoes at the bike shop and these felt most comfortable. They was on sale also so the price was right. I used them all weekend and they are breaking in nicely. There is a lot of adjustability in cleat position and there are quick on / off. I would recommend these shoes to anyone looking to take the leap to clipless.