Shimano SH-M032 Shoes

Shimano recreational Mountain shoe. Excellent for the novice rider.

jtmartino   Cross Country Rider [Mar 16, 2009]
Strength:

Cheap, Comfortable, Uppers are extremely durable (including laces)

Weak rubber sole

These shoes can't be beaten for the price. I mean c'mon! I've had these babies for probably 4,000 miles and they still hold up well. They're extremely comfortable for people with zero arches and flat feet (like myself) and they have a decent amount of ankle support. I have yet to break a shoe lace or damage the leather uppers, and I've washed the shoes in the washing machine probably 5 times without damage. The only problem I can find is the weak rubber sole which has a tendency to fall apart after the 2 year mark, but I've continued riding on the shoes without any significant decrease in performance. These shoes AREN'T stiff enough for racing, and they're definitely not a performance shoe, but they are amazing entry-level kicks that you can walk around in comfortably.

Similar Products Used: Sidi Dominator/Genius 5, Specialized BG Comp
Rich   Weekend Warrior [Jul 19, 1999]
Strength:

Good entry level shoe
stiff sole
comfortable

Thin sole
SPD bolts too long
rubber outersole fragile

Pretty comfortable shoe. But in the heat on AZ, the metal holding the SPD cleat hears up very quickly, and the inner sole is way too thin to stop anything. And the bolts that hold the cleat on are long, even with the smaller ones, they still are able to come right through the sole and drive themselves into my foot. Had to use cardboard cut outs to stop this. Also, the rubber outer sole has already ripped. but what can you expect from cheap rubber and sharp rocks of Mormon trail.

Similar Products Used: N/A
Chilis on their way though
Mark   Weekend Warrior [Jan 16, 2000]
Strength:

Inexpensive on sale. Light weight construction. Good for recreational, casual, commuter, etc.

I would be surprised that someone might try these for rigorous trail riding.

I got these for about $40 and use them for excercise riding on paved trails and 1-day road trips (20-50 miles). They are light and comfortable. In the cool CA mornings I can feel the cool on my toes so I hope they will be comfortable in the summer heat. I think using these for serious trail riding would be like using gym shoes for backpacking in the mountains. I'm rating these for recreational/casual use only and the value rating is for the "on sale."

Similar Products Used: My first clipless setup.
Nick   [Sep 01, 2000]
Strength:

Cheap

tread started to come off, very flexible sole

They suck, I did basically no off road riding, all paved roads and the tread started to strip off on the left shoe. Also the soles are very flexible making for a nice walking shoe but little power transfer. I reccomend this shoe for someone who will not use the shoe daily or on anything other than cement.

Similar Products Used: Northwave Team MTB
George   Weekend Warrior [Mar 09, 2000]
Strength:

Cost and appearance

None so far.

These were on sale and looked somewhat decent. I can't really say that I've had any problems with most of Shimano's products. These wear well and haven't given me any problems.

Similar Products Used: Specialized
Devon   Cross-Country Rider [Mar 22, 1999]

These shoes are good, pretty comfortable and look pretty good. The grip is really good, and they have good, stiff soles. They are pretty well made except for some parts seem cheap and thrown on.

prc   Cross-Country Rider [Dec 02, 1999]
Strength:

Rather inexpensive

The sole of the shoe suck.

3 months is how long the shoes lasted. The rubber sole ripped apart on both shoes at the cleat. This caused the inner sole to become the outer sole. No good.