Shimano SH M 320 Shoes

A bullet proof off road racing shoe with molded elastomer X-O skeleton, polyester mesh upper, and non-loosening strap and buckle closures.

Don   Cross Country Rider [Nov 07, 2001]
Strength:

Quality construction

Somewhat heavy.

Quality Shoe. It goes on and off easily and feels comfortable during long rides. The finish and fit are excellent. The ratchet buckle along with the 2 velcro enclosures insure a nice custom fit. I've only used 'em for a few months, but I am very pleased with them. I really can't think of anything negative to say about them.

Similar Products Used: Shimano shoe (unknown model)
Ross   Cross Country Rider [Sep 17, 2002]
Strength:

Good stiff shoe. You can get them cheep @ PricePoint.com

Narrow shoe. My feet have a tendency to go numb due.

I have a "D" foot and need to ride with these shoes pretty loose, otherwise my feet go numb. If you've got narrow feat, they are great shoes.

Similar Products Used: Mutiple other shoes
your mother   Racer [Jul 24, 2002]
Strength:

the ratchet system really works nice, it gets my feet nice and snug. nice and stiff too.

these are great shoes for anyone doing xc racing. i have time pedals, and they work awesome. i love these shoes. cant wait to use them next time i hop on my bike. get these shoes.

Similar Products Used: specialized el gato
Curt   Cross Country Rider [Sep 05, 2002]
Strength:

Style, looks, stiffness.

No half sizes. I will eventually will have to replace them.

I already had a good pair of cycling shoes but they were'nt good for walking up muddy hills. I saw the Shimanos had the spikes, plus ,they looked cool. If you can find a pair on sale get them. They are very good cycling shoes. I also happened to get spare buckles at the time I bought the shoes, I did not want to get stuck without replacements when I needed them.

Similar Products Used: Nike Poobahs.
AL   Cross Country Rider [Apr 18, 2002]
Strength:

I REALLY LIKE THE LOOKS OF THESE SHOES.THE RATCHET BUCKLE IS A HUGE IMPROVEMENT OVER MY OLD SIDI'S.THE HEEL CUP AREA HAS A GREAT DESIGN TO IT BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE TO PUT THE BUCKLE TIGHT TO HOLD YOUR FOOT IN.THE BUCKLE IS PROTECTED PARTIALLY BY A RAISED PORTION OF THE OUTER PLASTIC SOLE.THIS PREVENT'S SOME ROCK'S FROM HITTING AND OPENING THE BUCKLE.THAT WAS A MAJOR PROBLEM WITH MY SIDI'S.

I HAVE A SIZE 9 FOOT AND I'M WEARING A SIZE 43 SHOE.IT FIT'S A LITTLE TIGHT.THE SHOE SEEM'S TO RUN ON THE NARROW SIDE.I TRIED A SIZE 44 BUT IT WAS TO LONG.43.5 WOULD OF BEEN IDEAL BUT NONE IN STOCK.OTHERWISE I HAVE NOTHING NEGATIVE TO SAY ABOUT THIS SHOE.

I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THESE SHOE'S TO ANYONE BUT NOT IF YOU HAVE WIDE FEET.I DON'T AND MY TOE'S WERE A LITTLE TIGHT.I SWORE I WOULD NEVER BUY A PAIR OF SHOES AGAIN WITH A BUCKLE BUT I'M GLAD I BOUGHT THESE.THE SHOES EVEN COME WITH TOE SPIKES IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE THEM.

Similar Products Used: AS MENTIONED, SIDI DOMINATORS.
Paul   Cross Country Rider [Jul 28, 2002]
Strength:

Great Fit, so far super durable, look cool

I tend to catch the buckle on rocks and branches, etc. Nothing has happened yet, but I am a bit worried that I will ruin the shoe like this at some point. Now living over here in Germany, I do not know how easily I can find a replacement buckle. The shoe was damn expensive too. I received it as a gift though, so no pain to my wallet

If you are willing to spend the money, and like the looks, this could be your shoe. I don't know how they will fit wide feet, and haven't had them for all that long so I can't say that much about the durability. Yet, after 6 months of regular use, they have held up great, and I would definately buy them again. Plus, the cleats up front are great when lugging the bike on your sholder up slippery inclines. I give only 4 chilis though due to the high price. Get these with a discount if you can!

Similar Products Used: Nike--used to swear by the Cairns, even though lots of people hated them. The Shimanos are great though!!!
Ben Wichterman   [Aug 04, 2002]
Strength:

Really tough and durable. They hold up well to trail abuse.

Sizes. I had to buy 43s because 44s were too big. Half sizes would be helpful for others like me in between sizes.

Great shoes especially for the price. They're really rugged and durable. If you have wider feet they might not be right for you because they get really narrow in the toes.