Shimano SH M 152 Shoes

SH M 152

Shimano M 152 has Three hook and loop straps. Neoprene padded tongue. Dark blue with silver mesh.

knowlton   Cross Country Rider [Jun 17, 2003]
Strength:

looks, comfort, tightness, strength

a little heel slipping while walking

these are great shoes, and I recomend them to beginers and advanced riders both. I use them with egg beaters, and the combo is awsome! these things also grip like monkeys while you are off your bike. I got a 1/2 size smaller than my foot, and they still fit well, but not as good as an 11 would be. While walking, your heel slippes a little, but not much. Great Shoes!

Similar Products Used: none
Dave   Weekend Warrior [Sep 27, 2003]
Strength:

They fit well, are good and stiff, coomfy even w/out socks, have good ventalation to keep your feet cool, easy to get in and out of, and protect you feet from rocks and logs pretty good.

I got my cheap cause they were returned. it didnt matter they were new in the box when i got them. they fit well and dont hurt. they are not as comfortable as a regular pair of nikes but they are good for what they are. the velcro straps work well and make getting in and out very easy. the vents keep your feet cool, but yet you dont feel vulnerable. i have bounced them off rocks without hurting them or my feet. i have no complaints.

Similar Products Used: none
JP   Cross Country Rider [Nov 14, 2001]
Strength:

Good fit for narrow heels. Good value. Cleans up well after a wet/muddy ride. Conservative allround styling. Good road shoe also.

Needs some more ventilation to allow the heat to escape

Good shoe for those w/ narrow heels. My foot is secure when clicking in and out of pedals. Comfortable shoe. I take off the toe spikes and it makes a good road shoe.

Similar Products Used: Performance moutain bike shoe, Shimano SHM-220,
Erik   [Oct 19, 2003]
Strength:

Three velcro straps are nice and secure. Fits well on my size 11 feet. Sole is nice and stiff, works great with Shimano m515 pedals.

Only one really: my toes get cold in these things, the ventilation up front works too well. I've even had problems in 70 degree weather. So I would have preferred more leather up front, to surround the toes. Still, for $60 bucks, I'm pleased with the overall quality, durability, and fit.

Since I got these 1/2 off at Nashbar, I think they are worth the money. They are warm-weather shoes though.

Similar Products Used: Stuff so old and so long ago they're not even worth mentioning.
Mountain Biker   Cross Country Rider [Dec 21, 2001]
Strength:

Stiff sole, lightweight, comfortable fit.

None that I can find...

These shoes are great! The three straps make adjustments a snap, and they have stood up to the elements (water, rocks and general badness) so far. I've used them on some big, sweaty climbs and my dogs remain cool as a breeze. Five chili's for Shimano!

Tom   Cross Country Rider [Oct 20, 2002]
Strength:

Comfort, stiff (but not too), 3 straps

None so far

I really like these shoes. This is my first pair of clipless shoes. I tried on lots and asked lots of questions before I purchased. I decided I wanted three straps, to keep the shoes snug during the ride, velcro straps, to make adjustment easier during the ride, and a stiff sole, for good power transfer (but not too stiff, since I end up walking once or twice because I screwed up).

So far so good and they weren't too expensive.

Similar Products Used: Tried on a few others (Pearl Izumi, Nike, Specialized, Sidi
Jin Man Kim   Weekend Warrior [Aug 08, 2002]
Strength:

Really nice design at reasonable price. These shoes are really cool and comfortable.

Nothing by now, but the price, in Mexico is every thing more expensive than in USA, but thinking about the shipping rate I have no much complain.

These shoes are really comfortable and confident. The sole is stiff and the pedaling efficiency is better than older model that I've tried.
The real reason to purchase them was the older ones got shrunk.
In my opinion, these shoes are ideal for the XC and every day use.

Similar Products Used: Older Shimano models.
Sleepy LaBeef   Cross Country Rider [Jul 14, 2003]
Strength:

style, three strap closure, durability

Shrinkage! Shrinkage!

I thought these shoes were $$ for the first 1.5 years, then my feet started to grow or the shoes shrunk. Since I'm 32, I think it's the later. I think my left big toe nail is about to fall off.

Similar Products Used: Nike (lame-o)
George Boz   Racer [Oct 31, 2003]
Strength:

Lightweight, Well ventilated, Good tread, Dry quickly

Stitching on mesh around toes, Maybe too well ventilated

These shoes are a ligher weight than any of the Shimano ratcheting type mountain shoes and have a great sole for hiking up hills. They even seem to be a little wider in the forefoot (which I needed) without being a wide shoe (which is too much for me). The only problem I had is the stitching holding the mesh around my toes broke loose in less than 6 monthes of use. Shimano did honer the warrenty though! The new model shimano replaced these with ( M 120) ha a leather support directly over the toe area where my stiching came loose.

Similar Products Used: Specialized
Will B   [Aug 05, 2003]
Strength:

Light/Comfortable/Stable on foot

None yet.

Great solid shoe. Becomes part of the foot and makes engagement/disengament very quick and easy. Comfortable even when strapped tight. Comfortable - I usually plop my ass down after a long ride and forget I even have them on. I crash alot and that tends to put alot of force on the cleat. I usually find myself adjusting the cleat on a regular basis but that doesn't seem to be the case with this shoe. The SPD cleat that I use seems to stay put. Oh yea, for any one near an REI, they're on sale. 75 bones!! Five value steamers if you get em on sale.

Similar Products Used: Shimano shoes...for a good reason.