Shimano Rokasaki M150 Shoes

Shimano Rokasaki M150 Shoes

Shimano Rokasaki M150

[Mar 03, 2002]
Dave

Strength:

Comfortable, neoprene keeps the stuff out, good traction when hiking the bike.

Absorb water. Heavy.

There have been a lot of negative reviews on these shoes and I know they aren't available anymore anyway, but I just wanted to weigh in. I got these on sale 2 years ago and, after reading the reviews, expected the worst, but after riding them up here in the tough northeast, I have to say I have been more than satisfied. They have been through ice and snow, swamps and river crossings, and just plain ol' mountain bike conditions and held up pretty darn well. Nothing has torn off of 'em, they are great for when you have to get off the bike and walk, which I do a lot of, and they have kept my feet reasonably comfy on the cold winter days. If I could get another pair, for the same money, I would surely do it. I haven't seen any shoe that is all things to all people, so until I do, I will keep experimenting with different shoes and manufacturers. Sorry you took a hit on these, Shimano, but I find them ok. (Wish I could say the same for your M-858's.) Considering the cost of good mtb shoes these days, I give'm 4 flamers and for their overall toughness and longevity in some pretty rough conditions, I give'm 5.

Sidi, Specialized.

[Apr 07, 1999]
Bike Medic
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

Neopreme collar keeps
rocks and dirt out.

sole not compatible to all Shimano peda without
cutting. Sole delaminates after three
months of use.
Expensive for the poor
quality.

I bought these shoes at my LBS because of the poor
sucess of ordering shoes through mailorder.
I reviewed these shoes earlier with favorable marks, but since then the soles have been delaminating with poor sucess in regluing them.
I am returning these shoes soon for an upgrade
and hopefully I will not get any bullshit about
how I abuse these shoes. My primary pair are Sidi

Nike

[Apr 08, 1999]
Sick Air
Downhiller

Strength:

Ankle Collar gives good support.

Soles come out.
Bottom falls apart.
Toe spikes wear down easily.
Collar comes apart.

These shoes just plain suck. I tried to make myself like them because they cost a lot of $ and it was too late to get another pair. So far the soles come out constantly, the collar is in pieces, and the bottom is deteriorating. Everytime I use them for extended amounts of time my toes get blister-type bumps from the shoes. Go for Diadora Habaneros instead.

Specialized Comps
Diadora Chilis
Answer Accelerators

[Apr 02, 1999]
Gary Griffis
Cross-Country Rider

These shoes are f*cking wicked!!! I Don't Know what happened to the other people at this review, But my shoes a holding up great(and I give them a beating). There really comfortable and look cool. The aggressive sole is really stiff and are excellent for climbing up hills. I would recommend these shoes to anyone!

[May 19, 1998]
Chick
weekend warrior

I really want to like these shoes (my last ones, Nike Niguba II, fit terribly for 2 years!). So with that said, these Shimano M150's feel great. No prob's gettin' in or out. They have very stiff soles which are a requirement for my Shimano 747 Pedal which have a small surface area that can lead to foot aches after long climbs or decents. I haven't had feet cramps, loss of circulation and the two front spikes actually work in soft stuff. Remove the spikes for slick rock - not good - which segues into a real problem.....After 2 days in Colo. and 3 days in Moab, my NEW M150's went back for warranty replacement. The rubber tread separated from the sole around the cleat. Thanks to Start to Finish bikes in San Rafael for being great with the replacement but geez.... I am very worried about having to replace these shoes every 5 days! But wait.....
Then I go in to my local shoe repair shop to pick up my 3 year old pair of cowboy boots and what do I see? A pair of M150's. Oh, oh.... they're in for a little stitch repair.In any case, I will say that they perform wonderfully and feel great while they're together. I'm just a little worried about longevity here. I'll have to give a benefit of the doubt 4 chili's and wait and see!

[May 15, 2001]
George North

Strength:

Comfort, Useful neoprene cuff keeps the crap out of your shoe.

Everything else.
The sole at the toes have completely fallen off, and now reside in a bog,
The sole has ripped and peeled away at the side,
The aluminium studs have almost completely worn down,
The ankle cuff has fallen apart,
The leather has ripped down the side,
The grip is non-existent on wet rock,
They are freezing cold when temp. <0,
Water pours in through the side in Winter, yet they are too hot for Summer,
The blue surface has come off the leather around the toe.

Avoid at all costs, luckily they were half price so I didn't waste too much money, if someone has any other sugggestions for new shoes please e-mail me.

Diadora

[May 30, 2001]
Phil

Strength:

Cool looking shoe with aggressive sole and mostly good fit.

A little tight in the toe.

I've mashed and mangled and soaked these shoes for two and a half years now. Yeah they're showing it, but they have held up quite well. They've been through 2 24 Hours of Canaan, 1 24 HOur of Snowshoe and countless NORBA races and brutal wet ugly rides. Despite the abuse, they are still holding up.

Time World Cup

[Nov 26, 2000]
Billy

Strength:

Comfortable

Heavy, falls apart, bottom rubber is too soft.

They fall apart and aren't worth the $, buy something else.
My $59 Nike shoes are better and longer lasting.
Have to give them at least a 2 since they are comfortable.

Nike, other Shimano shoes

[Dec 21, 1999]
Igis
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

Perfect in terrain walkin like soccer shoes.
Neoprene.

Cool walking with spikes in city or buildings.

They hold also on not SPD pedals and no sign of damage.

[Dec 15, 1999]
Joeyjoejoe

Strength:

Great traction when running uphill and also if you have to walk downhill. Stiff sole, the neoprene thingy keeps rocks, dirt etc out.

a bit heavy. I have a newer model and the sole is holding up fine (about 3000km on them)but the leather on the side of my feet where my arches are is not staying sewed together. the sole's are fine but the rest of the shoe is slowly falling appart.

Let's just say that my previous shoes where specialized ground control, I had them for 7 years and they held up fine, but these, on the inside portion (theside that faces my bike), where the 2 pieces of leather are sewed together, everything is falling appart...I mean come on, 185$ cdn for a shoe that last only one season of racing and training....and they're also quite heavy....If they old up next season, I'll keep them but when they fall appart completely, I won't be replacing them with another pair of Shimano.

Specialized