Shimano MO37 Shoes

MO37

Designed for commuters, recreational and off-road riders, these shoes are comfortable for walking and feature an efficient cycling platform.. Uppers are split leather with nylon cloth for breathability, durability and light weight. EVA-backed insoles offer cushioning comfort. Fiberglass-reinforced nylon midsoles provide a stiff and efficient pedaling platform. Rubber outsoles provide traction. Bolt-on sole plates make cleat installation a breeze and can be re-attached after initial removal. Compatible Shimano pedals: PD-M545, PD-M515, PD-M536, PD-M434.

tlucach1972   Cross Country Rider [Sep 30, 2009]
Strength:

This is a good strong shoe for cross country riding and technical climbing sections in and around Grand Junction and out at Hartman's Rock in Gunny. I have owned three pair of them and seem to get lucky finding another pair every time I ware another out. Just got my girlfriend her first pair for $18 and they are in great shape.
When I cannot find another pair at the end of this pair's life I will go with something as close a I can find.

Cleat rubs and I will need to replace it when I replace the shoe most likely but seeing as every used pair seems to come with cleats attached this should not be a problem. I have two pair extra and will get a third pair with the purchase of the pedals needed for girlfriend.

I was amazed to find another pair after all these years. I don't think I'll find another, though I have seen them on ebay.

Similar Products Used: I can't remember anymore. It has been so long since I owned something different. I've had the same make shoes for 8 years.
RPheezy   Weekend Warrior [Jul 12, 2003]
Strength:

Great fit, can walk around in them, looks good, strap is great for securing laces.

Need slightly longer laces.

Great value and performance. Must buy.

K Nguyen   Weekend Warrior [Jul 10, 2003]
Strength:

Looks good. I really like the straps, keep the laces tight. Very easy to change the cleats. This shoes work great with Shimano M959 padel. In and out very easy, no more accident!

Pad should of been thicker. I might have to buy a thicker sole pad.

This is a recomeded product. This will last at least 2 years. And did I mention it looks good.

Similar Products Used: Cannodale Arago.
Ryan   [Jun 26, 2003]
Strength:

Excellent fit

material maybe could be more durable.

I really like these shoes, very comfortable. The velcro strap is nice. I had a minor crash and sure chewed up the side of the shoe, makes me think the material is a little soft, hope they last awhile. All around they are a great shoe.

Shawn Y   Cross Country Rider [Jun 11, 2003]
Strength:

Nice fit, wider in toe area

These shoes are worth the 80 bucks I paid. My last pair were shimmy's as well and lasted 4 years. These are a little wider but just as stiff with some nice traction for hike a bike in the desert. Velcro strap holds the laces down nice nice. When I first tried them on I thought the tongue was over padded but actually is kinda nice. I think it alleviates some foot numbness as I didnt experience any like I usually do.

Stark   Weekend Warrior [Jun 02, 2003]
Strength:

Comfortable, sturdy, nice for walking.

not the most uber elite shoes ever made, not made out of italian albino veal skin, not "impressive" like sidi or some european made shoes or even nikes.

If I had to do it over again, I may have bought some nikes I saw at the local bike shop, but I can't really think of anything bad about the shimano shoes. At first I didn't really like them because my toes would go numb, then I loosened up the laces and the problem went away. The velcro keeps the laces out of the way and tied. I wish the cleat didn't hit the ground when I walked on concrete or any hard surface... I sound like a tap dancer if I wear them into a store after a ride.

Similar Products Used: super cheap specialized shoes when i bought my first spd clipless pedals
adam   Cross Country Rider [Sep 03, 2003]
Strength:

comfortable, functional, lightwieght, looks good (read: tough). strap hides and secures shoestring. priced well

why doesn't someone make Ti cleats? how cool would that be? even if they sucked, it would be cool just to have them. they really have no weaknesses.

they work good, and priced right. they are also made by a reputable company who knows biking. buy them.

Ken   [Sep 25, 2003]
Strength:

Great off the bike. The soft rubber sole is great for walking on wet rocks, driving, hiking bad sections, and grabbing a meal after a ride. Also, they look like shoes, not a fruity-colored bid for attention.

Soft rubber sole eventually split.

I found these to be a perfect balance between being flexible enough to walk in, and stiff enough to ride in. The only reason I would get a stiffer, hard soled shoe would be in the hopes of it lasting longer. The sole tore right at the point it flexs most, something which wouldn't have happened on a hard plastic bottom. They lasted almost two years though and I plan on replacing them with the same or the newer M038.

Similar Products Used: Some low-end Specialized hard soled shoes.
James Luhrs   Cross Country Rider [Mar 22, 2004]
Strength:

VERY LONG LASTING (1year gone and still have at least 9 months left in them) look good, look like normal shoes, sturdy, comfortable, easy to ease into (as a first set of shoes), (I use them as normal shoes in every day life and use them about 200days a year)
Helps make bunny hops VERY easy

Cant plat touch rugby on concrete, (otherwise none)

If you walk/run in them too often the material around the alkalis starts to peal (leading to possible irritation)
Very long lasting
EXTREAMLY GOOD VALUE (especialy if you use them as every day shoes)

Ken M   Weekend Warrior [Aug 05, 2002]
Strength:

Comfortable, good tread for the occasional walk up a muddy hill, decent price.

Won't pedal for me.

I haven't really tried any other mountain bike shoes, but I was talked into buying these by one of the sales people and I'm glad I listened to the advise. He also managed to get me to buy a set of PD-M424 pedals to go with the shoes. It's also my first go at clipless pedals. Both shoes and pedals were taken on a tough wet and muddy ride straight away. It's amazing how easy it is to clip in and out with this shoe-pedal combination. I even had to do a bit of walking up an extremely muddy hill. We went on the same ride the week before and it was much easier this time. I'm giving the shoes the credit for that.

A bit of advice from a newbie bike rider. Get some dedicated mountain bike shoes and don't be afraid of going clipless. It makes a world of difference.

Similar Products Used: Errr, it's my first pair of true cycling shoes.