Shimano M020 Shoes

Shimano M020 Shoes

No fancy stuff, just the features you need to enjoy a bike ride with secure, efficient SPD pedaling. Block rubber soles with nylon-reinforced plates allow a steady pedaling platform on the bike and comfortable walking and traction off the bike. Nylon mesh and split leather uppers offer breathable, cool comfort for your feet. Heel reflectors improve visibility. Lace closures.

[May 30, 2003]
john

Strength:

Light, strong, look and feel great, come in nice forest type colours. Reflective strips at the rear.

None.

Great shoes for people who want a bit of flex in an MTB shoe. Others have said these are a tight narrow fitting shoe however I take size 47 and have wide feet too and these seem comfy enough to me as a baggy shoe wouldn't be a cycling shoe.

Shimano SH-R120 and up to now trainers for MTB

[May 16, 2003]
Brian p

Strength:

Decent shoe for less than $50.

Laces could get in the way of the crank, all i have to say about that is "double knot"

Looking for a entry level recreation shoe for cheap, this is you shoe.

cages, no other shoes, but walks better than the comp shoes i tried on at the store

[Mar 24, 2002]
Matt Sklar

Strength:

Does not look like a Biking Shoe, Comfortable to wear. The look allows me to wear to work (Definately a positave)

Not a very stiff sole. No velcro on the laces to prevent the laces from getting caught in chain by the pedal. (Cannot think of term)

These are my first pair of Cliped Pedals and Shoes. The design allows me to wear them to work so I do not need to bring extra shoes with me. They do not hurt my feet and feel the same as pretty much any pair of regular shoes I own.

For someone who rides like I do, commuting to and from work on a daily basis as well as some weekend Train riding I would definately suggest these shoes.

Cheap stock Trek Pedals.

[Oct 01, 2002]
Chris

Strength:

Light weight, very comfortable, cheap, look great, doesn't look like a stupid bike shoe when walking on the street

get looser after a while

Good looking shoes, not for racer type of guys but great for the price overall.

specialized

[Feb 09, 2004]
Sam Ramji

Strength:

Low cost, comfort when walking

Soft/flexible sole, lack of support

Don't bother with these.

Bargain shoes but not worth it - you're better off paying the extra $20-30 for the better shoe. After a month I switched to the Specialized Sport Mountain '04 for $70 and started riding better immediately.

If you're going clipless, get a great pedal and decent (not bargain basement) shoes, or you will miss out on much of the benefit.

Specialized Sport Mountain '04

[May 22, 2007]
Scott

Strength:

Well made, solid sole, comfortable to walk in but still stiff enough

Laces suck on cycling shoes. Period.

I've used these for road biking and aggressive XC for over a year now. They've held up for both quite well. I've done double centuries in them, I've done MTB marathons in them, and I've ridden triathlons in them and they supported me very well and felt great for all of them.

That said, I do hate the laces. I'm on my 4th or 5th pair of laces now because I keep cutting them on my chainrings. I've managed to make the current pair last by double-knotting them 5 or 6 times so that they have no slack. This is annoying, and also adds significant time to transitions in triathlons. I suspect these will last a good long time yet and I will keep them until they die, but when I replace them I will be something with straps.

Five chilis for value because they're cheap and a great shoe for the money, four chilis because although they're a good shoe, laces just don't belong here.

[Jul 01, 2002]
Steve

Strength:

Nice price, good construction

None so far

My first bike shoes and pedals so I can only compare them to cages. They are comfortable and are easy to walk in off the bike. Well made and show no sighs of defects so far. Entry level shoe at a nice price. Maybe my next pair will be a higher end shoe if these ever ware out.

N/A

[Oct 19, 2002]
Matt Fulks

Strength:

Very comfortable, look great, easy to get on and off the pedals with. Didn't have to cut the sole up like I've heard about with other shoes.

Great shoes for the money. Very comfortable, they look good and are easy to walk in too. I don't know what the other reviewers are complaining about. The laces seem short enough that they don't ever get caught up in my chainring.

Tennis shoes and flat pedals.

[Dec 27, 2001]
Joe

Strength:

Price, comfortable to walk in

Don't really look like bike shoes (can be a strength for some) Sole not very stiff.

They work, they're cheap. They are perfect for what i use them for right now. Can only give 4 chilis though because they will not do at all for the competition level rider.

None, first time clipless

[May 13, 2003]
mike p

Strength:

price and does the job

narrow, if you have wide feet forget
laces too long

good shoe, low price, does the job