Performance Shoes Shoes

Performance Shoes

jason   [Apr 08, 2004]

"TROPHY" MOUNTAIN SHOE: over 3 years and they're still going strong. i might get another year out of them (getting to the end of the road). i love the 3 straps without laces (overkill). they have a stiff sole and i have no problem hiking in them if necessary (come with toe spikes). $80+ is a sweet price for over 3 years of regular abuse. i'll replace them with another similar performance model. buy with confidence!

Bigchef   Weekend Warrior [May 01, 2006]
Strength:

This review is for the Performamce Trophy shoe.
Great fit, light weight, stiff

Not really a true Mountain bike shoe. Actully a road bike shoe that can be used for mautain biking. Slippery on hard surfaces and not easy to walk in.

I tried these shoes becuase I wanted something I could wear in Mountain and Road bike, SPD clips.
I was suprised that the real difference in these shoes and road shoes is the special clip. The clip actually has wings that stick out with hard plastic grippers. After trying them I realized how much I like the light weight and stiff sole. Just be reminded that these are actually meant for road bikes.

Similar Products Used: Many
Ryan Pinkham   racer [Jan 23, 1997]

These things F**KING SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....... I had these shoes for two monthes and one day while portaging my bike up a way to steep uphill for a race the SOLE CRACKED by the cleat. At first I thought I stepped on a stick because I heard a crack. Then I could feel flex. To my amazement the shoe was cracked.
P.S. The straps are too long and dont make the shoe tight enough. These shoes dont even deserve this review, let alone a flaming chile.
P.S. You are a Darn IDIOT if you even think about looking at the page these are on. THEY SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dylan Lewis   racer [Jan 05, 1997]

Well, there pretty decent if your on a buget and desperate,but
compared to specialized or sidi they are to flexy,and fall
apart to fast, but hey you've gotta start somewhere.

canadian,eh   Weekend Warrior [Aug 22, 2000]
Strength:

price-they are frequently cheaper than their official price of $60
fit-not exactly custom-fit quality, but still not bad. they stay on real well, and velcro don't loosen not, neither
comfortable- i rarely wear socks with these
looks-they look like normal shoes, although i have nothing against silver "leather" (where can i find a cow of that color, i want one)
traction- great for those rugged hike-a-bike sections

like i said, they aren't custom italian fit, but they are still pretty solid

a VERY solid shoe for the price. with the outsole and looks, i can wear these off the bike w/o looking like a moron. if you blew your budget on your bike like i did, you cant't beat these. and although durability seems good, if anything DOES go wrong, then they have a 100% warranty on then. talk about fancy pants.

Similar Products Used: first clipless shoes
Eric   Cross Country Rider [May 15, 2000]
Strength:

Italian made, fit well, price

Color scheme

I just got the Trophy model atb shoe. They're really nice for the price. I was a little sketchy about shelling out 130+ for clipless shoes just to "see if I like clipless" and I do! The shoe is sturdy, comfortable and probably just as good as the higher priced models. You can't go wrong with this shoe if you're just learning to use clipless pedals.

Similar Products Used: Just plain ol' Tennis Shoes
Puzman   Cross Country Rider [May 04, 2000]
Strength:

Fit well
Microbuckle adjustability
Stiffness
Incredible value
Performance 100% guarantee

goofy looks
slightly tight cleat clearance
sole is somewhat slick

These shoes are a great value at $99 from Performance. They are light-years beyond Performance's earlier efforts at shoes (the Kwakes, which are Krap). Stiff, comfy, and way, way cheaper than anything else out there at this quality level. These are made in Italy, and it shows. The cleat clearance seems slightly tight for my SPDs, but i've had no problems whatsoever getting in or out. The soles are one-piece molded of a hard plastic, which should mean durable, but it also means they feel pretty slick walking around the house while I'm getting my gear together. Also, I could do without the disco space-punk look (what happened to basic black?)

Similar Products Used: Nike PooBah
Performance Kwake (Krap)
Chris   Racer [Mar 14, 2000]
Strength:

Light

We'll see about the buckle.

Performance Royal

I reallly liked my Ultimates bt i needed another pair so I did my shopping and came up with these. The only thing I'm not sure of is the buckle Im afraid of the durability. But damn are they light last night I kept looking down to see if they were still on

Similar Products Used: Specialized ultimate
Trail Boy   Cross Country Rider [Mar 13, 2000]
Strength:

Close out price of $99.99.

Hard to get a good cleat position.

I bought these shoes from Performance for the price. I spoke to a salesman from a LBS and he told me that Shimano had corrected the problem of the soles coming off. Being that I had had two other Shimano shoes that had the soles fall off I thought he was correct. Also, the soles looked different and seemed to be well constructed. I made the purchase through Performance because the LBS did not have my size. I had a hard time getting a good cleat position and did not wear them very much. In fact I never wore them off-road. I was planning on doing a test ride very soon. However, I went to a race and notice another racer had them on and I asked him about his pair. He quickly pointed to the soles and they were RIPPING OFF! He said that was after one day of use. That made up my mind - back they went. Good thing Performance has a %100 return policy.

Similar Products Used: Other Shimano shoes that I have milked along.
Drew Hutton   Weekend Warrior [Feb 17, 2000]
Strength:

Light weight
Inexpensive
Great fit
Good ventilation

None yet

Bought the Trophy/MC-7 combo from Performance, and they both have been fabulous. The shoes are very light weight, and they fit very well on someone who has unusually wide, yet small feet. They are very comfortable, and stay very cool, although it's not quite summer yet, and I'm sure that will change some! Overall, a great shoe at a great price for anyone!