Performance Forte CM400 Shoes

Forte CM400

• Fiberglass-reinforced nylon outsole with aggressive lugs delivers exceptional pedal power, increased traction and sheds muck and mire faster than you can say “Stick in the Mud!”
  • Lightweight, PU coated leather adds durability
  • Nylon mesh panels give you a cool, breathable experience
  • Molded heel cup aligns your foot for optimum power
  • Contoured E.V.A. insole provides internal support
  • 3M Scotchlite reflective heel enhances visibility
  • Two Velcro straps and one ratchet with strap firmly secures you foot for maximum stability, leverage and performance

• User Reviews (2)

Finch Platte   Cross Country Rider [May 22, 2008]
    Strength:

Light, comfy, hikeable, stiff, not too gaudy, well ventilated, heel doesn't pull up & out of the shoe.

Careful of the buckle where it attaches to the shoe!

I love these shoes. They fit well, altho the left one is a tad tight (I wear a 13/48). Seems like Performance makes everything small. But I digress. The one and only b!tch I have w/ these shoes is if you're wearing them to do trailwork, or hike-a-bike, be careful. You step into loose dirt or the bottom of the strap that goes thru the ratchet catches on something, the stitching that holds the buckle to the shoe will give up. The pressure is just too much for it.

I know I'm not describing this very well. Hopefully, the link to the picture will explain it better.

The white arrow points at the bottom of the strap. This gets caught on something, and bends it out. Problem is, it's so stiff, it resists, and after doing this a couple of times, it begins to tear the stitching holding the buckle to the body of the shoe (black arrow). This may be a problem for me because my feet are so skinny and a lot of the strap goes thru the buckle. If you have fat feet, this may not be a problem for you. I might be able to cut the excess strap off & solve this problem. Word to the wise.

I had this happen the first time I used the shoe- we were doing trailwork, so there was a lot of hiking. I took them back, Performance gave me a new pair, and have had no probs since.

I had to use the shims Crank Bros supplies w/ the Eggbeater/Candy cleats.

Highly recommended. I got these after my POS, uncomfortable Pearl Izumis gave up the ghost (and they didn't last very long, let me tell you).

Similar Products Used: Specialized, Shimano, Cannondale, Pearl Izumi
    OVERALL
    Erick Rico   Weekend Warrior [Feb 03, 2008]
    Strength:

These shoes, are preety stiff, yet are still very walkable.
    And EXTREMELY breathable, When i go at high speeds you can feel a load of wind coming thru your shoe.
    Very adjustable.

None so far.

These shoes ROCK! I am Shoe size 46 but I bought a size 47 (so it would last a longer time)cause they are so adjustable that they felt the same.
    Durability, I really can't tell cause these are my first pair, and haven't used them a long time.

I would highly recommend these, if you live in a place that is warm, and sunny most of the time.

Similar Products Used: These are my first pair of shoes!
    OVERALL