Performance Forte CM210 Shoes

Forte CM210

• Co-molded composite outsole with widely-spaced lugs provides aggressive pedal power, increased traction and quick mud shedding
  • Lightweight, PU coated leather resists water
  • Nylon mesh panels add breathability
  • Stabilizing, molded heel cup with vented, E.V.A. insole is contoured for comfortable, foot retention
  • 3M Scotchlite reflective heel tab increases visibility in low light conditions
  • Two Velcro straps for a precise fit

• User Reviews (2)

older'nslower   Cross Country Rider [Aug 26, 2009]
    Strength:

Stiff sole, decent lugs on bottom, looks pretty good.

Doesn't come in half sizes, only two straps.

The sole is quite stiff and that was really a plus for this shoe. The tread on the bottom is shaped so that you're not doing calf stretches when you dismount. I tried a Shimano that was over twice the price and it felt like the sole was not nearly as stiff - in fact it felt a lot like the Shimanos that I used back in the mid-nineties.

This shoe is a good trail shoe, but I would probably get something with a more precise fit and maybe a little lighter for racing. The width of the shoe is somewhat narrow, but the volume is high - so much so that I put in a pair of hiking insoles in to reduce it. A plus of the high volume is plenty of toe room. Even if you have some big meaty dogs they might still fit because of the volume.

It would be a perfect trail shoe for me if it had one more strap. I did try on their three strap model but it fit totally different. But hey, the gray and black color scheme looks a lot better on my foot than it did on the shelf and it doesn't show dirt as bad as some of the sexier shoes out there. For the price, they're hard to beat as a trail shoe. One could do a lot worse.

Similar Products Used: Nike ACGs, Shimano.
    OVERALL
    tahoe   Weekend Warrior [Jul 22, 2008]
    Strength:

It's a cheap shoe, seems durable. I have a wide foot and it does not feel narrow on me at all.

It's a cheap shoe. It is not very comfortable. The tounge on the shoe is hard and digs into the bottom of your leg, even when wearing high socks it still hurts.

It could be great shoe for some people...but I would highly suggest trying it on first. I bought it off the internet and had I tried it on I would have not bought it because it is just not comfortable. It is quite hard, little padding and doesn't feel the way a shoe does. I am returning it after trying to make it work and just couldn't. Luckily Performance Bike has a great return policy though! So they will take it back although it's been worn.

OVERALL