Pearl Izumi Select MTB Shoes

Select MTB

WithTechnology leading features like 1:1 Power Plate with in Longitudinal Arch Support and supremely comfortable Anatomic Closure System,The Select MTB Shoe provides unbeatable fit and performance at an unbeatable price. Select 1:1 Power Plate Select grade Nylon and Composite Fiber plate for light weight stiffness and durability Direct VentTechnology for cooling and drainage Built in Longitudinal Arch Support for optimal power and efficiency 1:1 Anatomic Closure followsThe natural shape ofThe fo

secretary7   Cross Country Rider [Mar 14, 2011]
Strength:

Fit, great heel cup, roomy toebox and comfy straps. No hot spots after 50+ mile rides!

None that I've found...ok, if they were self-cleaning life would be perfect. They dont have the option for toe spikes....that does make me sad but not enough to drop their rating.

These shoes are quite possibly the best shoes I've ever owned. They're more durable than my old Sidi dominators and have a stiffer sole too. They fit better than most any othe shoe I've owned, and I've owned plenty. The roomy toe box is a winner. After several 50+ mile road rides and 2-3 epic (3-4 hour) off road rides these pass the test for comfort and durablity. I posted my first review back in December under "KM" so this is my follow up review. They were tough initially to walk around in if I had to hike a bike, but I've gotten used to them now and love em! Buy a pair, heck buy two and keep a spare. I'll be buying Peral Izumi shoes again.

Similar Products Used: Sidi, Specialized, Mavic, Diadora, Serfas
KM   Cross Country Rider [Dec 13, 2010]
Strength:

Stiff sole, nice ability to adjust the fit with the velcro straps. Easy to walk around in even on trails. Not terribly grippy soles but functional. High arch...for me that's a winner, also heel cup feels great as does the toe box. Love the 60 day fit guarantee Pearl puts out with the shoes. If they fit bad I can take them back.

A few hot spots initially but no blisters, they're just breaking in. Once I get 3-4 mos. worth of riding I'll try to post another review. I can't put in toe spikes. The shoes didn't come with them and although there are apparently holes in the soles for spikes, they're filled in or at least appear to be. It's a bit confusing.

So far no problems. I'll post an updated review after several long days in the saddle and at least 3-4 more months of riding. I especially like that they have a stiff sole and roomy toe box. After having my toes crammed into euro type toe boxes and paying the price, these feel great.

I bought these after trying on Serfas, Mavic and Specialized shoes all w/in the same price range or even a little above. The high arch sold me as did the heel cup and overall fit. The shoe is snug w/o pinching. This is the first riding shoe I've owned in 8 years that doesn't come with a ratch-it type closure. I'm actually enjoying the velcro straps, they're more adjustable.

Similar Products Used: Diadora, Sidi, Answer, Specialized
RolledMeat   Cross Country Rider [Oct 31, 2010]
Strength:

Stiff

These are the worst cycling shoes I've ever worn. I'm not sure why they are so bad but they make the bones in my feet hurt so much that I thought I was going to have permanent damage after a 50-mile MTB ride. There are hot spots all over the sole of the shoe. The outsole is made of a very hard rubber compound and is very slippery on hard surfaces.

I'm going to take advantage of the 60-day fit guarantee and send these back before they do damage to my feet.