Pearl Izumi Quest MTB Shoes

Quest MTB

Pearl Izumi Quest MTB Shoe: ALL NEW Nylon mountain sole. High traction lug tips give go anywhere stability. Synthetic Heel lining for maximum heel hold. Minimal upper construction designed to minimize weight...

MeanBlackBike   Cross Country Rider [Aug 24, 2009]
Strength:

360g, rubber coven on the outsole. 3 straps. Well vented

Soft sole, cleats bore holes in your feet/my feet.
Smells like hell. Made for thin long feet, my wide feet do not fits well, so I loose the straps a little so now I waste some energy because of that. Don't buy it no matter what.

Don't buy it no matter what. Buy Answer Speeder or Mavic or Lake anything with fiberglass or carbon soles. No soft soles no problems. Too expensive to be put in the trash can. I might make some fiberglass insoles if it helps.

Similar Products Used: Answer Speeder
commiebomb   Cross Country Rider [Jun 30, 2009]
Strength:

Very comfortable shoe. Velcro straps makes it easy to put on take off. Clips fit nicely with room to make small corrections.

A tiny bit heavy.

Great price for a comfortable shoe.

Similar Products Used: None before
boxjoint   Weekend Warrior [Dec 27, 2008]
Strength:

Great fit. I have a wide foot and was surprised that these fit like a glove. Great sole and tread pattern.

A litle over vented. For colder rides a toe cover is a must.

Great shue with very deep treads. According to the on-line size chart I should be a 45 euro but had to get the 46. Try them on before you buy. If you buy on line look at the sizing chart and go one up from what it tells you. My wife had to do the exact same thing because she got the pearl Izumi for women. This is not a weakness, just be careful of sizing. I paid $65 on sale at REI so I can't complain.