Pearl Izumi Ampere M1 Shoes

Ampere M1

Pearl Izumi Ampere M1 Mountain Cycling Shoe. The Ampere is a full leather mountain bike shoe designed to be extremely durable. Leather construction and the ratchet closure system deliver a comfortable and secure fit.

Jesse Higgins   Cross Country Rider [Jun 25, 2009]

Vary nice shoe! One would expect a little stretch from a leather shoe - mine fit perfectly even after a few thousand miles in them. They are nice to walk in and great to ride in and they are holding up well too.

No complaints

Eric Brown   [Aug 24, 2007]
Strength:

the full leather construction and quality of the letter

no adjustment for buckle placement. the supple leather stretches really easily. no holes for cleats.

The shoe looked good and fit great on the showroom floor. I rode the things about 150 miles and the leather is stretched enough that the buckle strap is maxed out. It is as tight as it will go. When I attempted to unscrew and move the buckle like you can do with EVERY other MTB shoe in this class I realized that there is only one buckle position so the shoe is basically worthless now. I emailed customer service and got no response. I called and talked to some dude named Alex who told me about the 08 models that have multiple positions. Great, thanks! PI has been making shoes for a LONG time. It shouldn't have taken this long to figure out you should have multiple buckle positions. The tool also told me "well it sounds like the shoe doesn't fit you." Yeah, no crap pal. It did before the POS stretched out and the poor design revealed itself. He dazzled me with a few other low end customer service zingers and then put me into some guy's voice mail who handles warranties. Maybe he'll call me on Monday or sometime next week. I bought new Sidi's today at Mojo in Denver. BTW, Peak Cycles where I bought the PI's is a great shop. Too bad customer service at PI is for crap. I suspect Alex at PI is some foamy roadie from Bouldah so I won't really take his pompous comments beyond this post. Bottom line is that PI makes disposable products for roadies and runners that just need stuff to be light and flourescent. As far as making a quality, light and strong product for off road use skip it.

Similar Products Used: sidi, specialized
chase wesley   Racer [Mar 05, 2007]
Strength:

I beam allows for power pedaling. They were really one of the first shoes that i put on that fit my wide feet, the price was good to.

A little tight right now. I have a 4e width and i bet that once i break them in they will fit alot better.

pretty good shoe for the price. This is my first pair of shoes so i wanted to find a something that was built good but had a fair price that wouldn't dent the wallet. If the shoes fit better after i break them in than i would buy them again. it's just i have a real wide foot. A 4E and these are built like 2E.

Similar Products Used: none
MarkO Polo   Cross Country Rider [Oct 17, 2006]
Strength:

Fit, design, stiff sole, comfortable,

not the best walking shoe, then again....it's a bike shoe

The fit is great. The buckle and velcro closures hold on and keep the fit even. It is sturdy and durable, and made like your favorite Itallian lofer. Buy 2, so that you never have to go with out. My favorite shoe.

Similar Products Used: Nike MTB shoes
jim harpe   [Sep 17, 2007]
Strength:

stiff, breathable, stylish, and a great fit. The ratcheting strap works great and has a good release. They aren't all sketchy off the bike in rough terrain and actually provide pretty good traction. ...something not so common in a good mtb shoe.

I'm guessing the guy below purchased the wrong size, because the shoes didn't stretch any more than any other new cycling shoe does.

PI customer service has always been MORE than fair to me in the past.

none yet.

Great shoes, I really dig em. A real bang for your buck product that actually looks good. Now PI needs to make more jerseys/shorts that aren't roadie flavored.