Northwave Lizzard S.B.S Shoes

Northwave Lizzard S.B.S Shoes

The ideal model for cross-country cyclists who are looking for a lightweight, comfortable shoe. Closing is optimum using the lever, even with mud and rain, and along with the heel it stabilises the foot.

[Mar 10, 2013]
brackan

Strength:

Fit quite well. Look good. Fairly light. Rigid sole

Quick release buckle is knackered after 2 seasons riding. Mesh material over the toe area very weak. Expensive given these faults.

I would not buy these shoes again and I would not reccomend them simply because they dont stand up to the intended use for long enough and the price is too high. Ive had shoes cost half as much as these and less and are still useable. Unfortunately due to the quick release dissintegrating and the material at the toe area becoming holed these are not.

[May 25, 2011]
gtrplrrick

Strength:

Great fit, positive ratchet, very well venting. The sizing on these seems to be a bit better suited for people with wider feet like myself. Much better fitting than the Shimano's I use to run.

Materials feel cheap but seem to hold up well.

If you have wider feet and the shoes you are using feel to tight try a pair of these on you will not be disappointed. So far I love them......

Shimano M086

[May 14, 2011]
noot

Strength:

Great fit, heel stays put.
Ratchet works well
Length of ratchet strap is perfect
Extremely grippy when walking up steep stuff
Very well vented

Very well vented, can be too cool for cold days.

These shoes are fantastic. When I went clipless, I started with Time MXT shoes because they were available and cheap. I thought they were OK, but once I went to the Lizzards I couldn't believe I lasted with the Times.

They fit very well, plenty of width up front. The ratchet is great, the strap length is great (3-5 clicks and I'm good). Very well vented, my feet don't get too hot on long warm days.

Grip is outstanding. Just today I "walked" up a very steep loose incline while the others I was with kept sliding down. Same thing for mud.

Time MXT

[Sep 13, 2009]
Doomrider

Strength:

Snug fit, lightweight, adjustable click strap, sole has plenty of space to clip in.

None so far, great upgrade from the shoes I had before.

Great shoes, quality construction, good price. Even comfortable on the hike-a-bike sections!

Shimano M086

[Aug 27, 2009]
firedawg225

Strength:

Light
look good
Breath

nothing much that i can see so far

By far the nicest shoe i've own to date. price was right i'd buy another set if i gt a chance

Simano and nashbar shoes