Northwave Celsius GTX Shoes

Northwave Celsius GTX Shoes

Dial in the Northwave Celsius GTX Shoe's easy to use SLS (Speed Lace System) and let its Gore-Tex upper keep the elements outside of the boot, where they belong. Just because the ground's frozen doesn't mean you have to give up riding.

[Dec 18, 2009]
pedaler845

Strength:

Warm, Weatherproof, comfortable, tough (seeming)

None yet

I have the new model, different than the pic.
They are warmer and lighter than the Lake MXZ -those lasted 3 years. Quality of the NW's seems better. I submersed the entire shoe and stayed dry.
I cant imagine what the SIDI'$ do better.

Lake MXZ

[Oct 26, 2008]
single1x1

Strength:

keep my feet dry even with puddles and stream crossings, havn't head snow yet. stiff with good power transfer very good traction off the bike. Fit similar to my shimano carbon mtb race shoes, both in size 46. Glad to have I was about to spend $300 on Sidi winter shoes, when I found out I won these shoes. Much better then ridding in regular mtb shoes and getting freezing feet. I'm on and off the bike too much to use booties.

Occasional discomfort at near top of ancle but not too bad hopefully should just wear in better for me. Not super warm, but good enough for WA state and fairly warm with a thicker wool sock

these are probably good enough for most people and $100 plus less then the sidi winter shoe

first real winter shoe

[Mar 17, 2008]
Mark Christo

Strength:

Comfortable, keep feet dry & warm (mainly)

Boot slightly buljy around ankle so rubs on crank and frame. In extreme conditions i.e. very wet and sub zero struggle to keep feet protected. Boot pull tab broke off.

These are my first winter boots which I've now had for 18 months. I got fed up with wet cold feet in my normal cycle shoes. Overall I'm happy with them, they do a good job in most conditions but get stretched if things are a little more extreme (well for the UK anyway). I wear them with seal skins so bought them one size larger than normal size. They're loads better than wearing normal cycle shoes and would recommend them.