Nike YVR III Shoes

• Adjustable Fit
  • Increased Traction

[Jun 13, 2009]
Shmoo

Strength:

Weight. Stiffness. Secureness.

n/na

I've had no issues with my pair, been through hell and back on these.

Shimano mt41

[Jul 30, 2007]
Matt Tamasco

Strength:

Good fit; straps hold tight; good ventilation

cleats shifted in sole rail - even when tightened with an 18v drill; also had to shave the tred to fit to crankbrother Candy pedals (but these shoes seem to have a deeper tred to start - so no big deal)

If you are a medium level trail rider - ignore the reviews complaining of wear after hard use. Don't see how the sole could possibly become softer than a running shoe! Nike sells these as an intermediate level - so don't expect highly rigid soles but enjoy better walking ability. For the money - they are very good shoes. I would buy again.

[Sep 26, 2006]
mark niemand

Strength:

the look is a strenght and is looks like a shoe that can go the exra mile if looked after.easy to adjust straps and an over all good comfertable guality mtb shoe.

hurt my feet the firs few days I used them but its something of the past now:)

if you look for a shoe that will do the thing you looking at it right now!

first mtb shoes

[Sep 07, 2006]
John

Strength:

Strong, nice fit!

I had to do a little trimming on the bottom for my cleats (Candy SLs)

Great shoe, is workin great for me.

First pair

[Jun 14, 2006]
Jason

Strength:

Comfort and Fit

None So far

I have flat feet with very little arc. I went into a Bike Store trying to find a pair of shoes that would fit comfortably. It's my 1st time using mountain bike shoes and 1st season on a mountain bike. The only thing I was concerned with was fit/comfort. The Nikes and the Shimano M-181 were the only two that fit nicely. The Shimano I thought were a bit spendy at 200 so I bought these ones.

So far so good. I ride twice a week and have started back in May. I don't do much walking on them so they may last a bit longer than others. So far I'm pretty happy.

People who have flat feet should buy them.

First pair of MTB shoes

[Jul 26, 2006]
jason

Strength:

1. they come in "wide" models...great for guys like me that feel like other shoes are narrow and cramp toes.
2. they are considerably lighter than my previous shoes.
3. the soles seem plenty stiff and still have some grippy lugs in case you need walking traction.

1. the placement of the "slotted box" for the cleat to screw into could be moved toward the toes...i have to position the cleat as close to the toe as possible to get the cleat near the ball of my foot (over the pedal axle)...this is a tiny "weakness" that may not be noticed by others.

these are the nicest shoes i've owned. also the most expensive ($110 retail), but in this case it seems i got what i paid for. they have 3 solid velcro straps (the best set-up in my opinion)and they look good. i use them for spin class, xc and aggressive trail riding (5-6 days a week). i've only had them for 3 months, but so far so good. i am very pleased with these shoes and would recommend them to others.

performance and adidas models

[Sep 10, 2006]
Jeff

Strength:

Affordable

Sole loses ALL stiffness within 1 year!

Absolutely do not buy these shoes. You can find a much better shoe for the same of even less money. The soles on these shoes are now actually more flexible than the soles my Nike trail running shoes! Do not buy these shoes even at a bargain price. You will need to buy new shoes WAY too soon!

Nike Kato, SIDI Dominator

[Apr 20, 2006]
Filipe Nunes

Strength:

confort,ventilation,looks, no laces

sole`s too soft, the leather in front just ripped,price

These are really confortable,great ventilation for those hot days and personally they are very stylish. BUT i ride hard through everything, as rocks,mud ,roots, jumps,drops, etc, and for that use they are a little weak.After 6 months,riding twice a week the sole in the front it´s almost gone, and the worst to me is the leather in front near the sole ripped. If you´re searching fo XC shoes go for it, but if you ride hard consider another product.

shimano sport mountain