Nike Supa Pooh Bah Shoes

Nike Supa Pooh Bah

Jamie P.   cross-country rider [Sep 21, 1998]

Absolute garbage. The soles crumbled almost completely to dust after about two rides, and then I went to Moab and finished them off. Ever try scrambling up slickrock on your SPD cleats? Torture. If you buy these, you're as stupid as I am. If I could give them a zero, I would.

Ricksom   weekend warrior [May 22, 1998]

Cheap shoes, and therefore, you get what you pay for.
Sole treads wear like wood if you need to walk on rocks.
Too narrow a fit.
Sole is too flexible.
The cross over strap on top is almost pointless.
Mud and water pours into these things through the cleat holes like a flood.
And the high top design is only cosmetic (no real support).The only good thing about these shoes is that they are light, very breathable, and did I mention they are cheap.AND
my sole is still intact, not split like the posts below.
This is probably because I used the cleat plates (that came with my Ritchey cleats) on the inside on the sole where the cleat screws clamp down. It does offer good reinforcement!Overall...
Buy these shoes only if you have no money left after buying a new bike, because you will buy a better pair anyway in the near future.

Dewey   cross-country rider [May 21, 1998]

What ever you do... do not buy these shoes! They suck, I bought a pair because I liked the over the ankle style and I figured they would be good quality. Boy was I wrong... I rode about 4 times on these shoes over somewhat rocky terrain, and the tread basically disappeared! After the third ride, it looked like I was wearing slippers... there was no tread left on the soul of the shoe! I returned the shoes and got a pair of Specialized El Gato Sport's... less expensive... not over the ankle... but a year later they are still in great shape. Buy the Nike if you only ride twice in your life!

higgi   weekend warrior [Oct 24, 1997]

The Pooh bah as a first clipless shoe was general okay. I thought the shoe was a bit narrow and was concerned with the tread wear. The big let down was when the sole broke right behind the clip. What a shock! It was a hard thirty miles back home. Can you say major pain in the foot. I give the Pooh bah three for there performance prior to the Break.( Does anyone know if Nike replaces these?)

Brian   weekend warrior [Oct 25, 1997]

These shoes lick sweaty nut sacks!! I had the shoes for about a month before
the soles started going to shit! Now after three months, the shoes are practically useless! Every lug has been ripped from the bottom, huge chuncks
of the sole are missing and the closure system has gone straight to hell.
Don't spend your money on these piles of ass!!

Micheline   cross-country rider [Oct 16, 1997]

I purchased the Nike Poohbah as my first shoe. I find it great so far because the boot is more narrow and it provides good ankle support. I can see, however why men wouldn't like the narrow fit. They are working great for me and thet have been holding up very well. They are probably a better shoe for the female rider.

Dave   cross-country rider [Oct 29, 1997]

I think the shoes are great!!!!!!!

Ryan Richey   cross-country rider [Jan 23, 1997]

I am very disappointed with the quality of these shoes! I have had them only four months and I am on my third pair. On my first ride with my Nikes the sole started deteriorating and this wasn't that big of a problem because I could still ride in them. Next, the strap anchor on the inside edge of the shoe ripped out and I didn't have much choice but to take them back. I got a new pair because it was still within the stores return period. The second pair I think I had two rides on and the plastic snap/buckle or whatever broke right down the middle. At this point I was just outside of the 90 day warranty period of the store but out of the kindness of their hearts(and the fact that they are kind of pissed at Nike about their shoes already) they gave me another pair. I can't wait to see what breaks on this pair! I think Nike should stick to running shoes...then again, I just sent a pair of those back too; they'll be back in four to six weeks/years who knows? Don't get screwed, maybe next year they'll make 'em a little better or at least tolerable! By the way I hope everyone else is having better luck with them than I am!
IMPORTANT: I would like to know of anyone else who has had problems, because I would like to get my money back. EMAIL me if you would!

mark duncan   racer [Oct 13, 1997]

they are the best shoes i have ever worn

Tom Lory   Weekend Warrior [Dec 30, 2000]
Strength:

styling, color, materials used, 3/4 hi design ,Nike swish partly hidden, yellow logo color matches Judy SLs

I've taken three short (less than an hour each)rides in these shoes and ALL the rubber cleats have chunked off the front half of the soles on both shoes, cheesy heel strap adjuster, stock laces are easily 2 feet too long, shoe collar rubs ankle bone

Ready for the garbage after 3 rides due to poor rubber compound used in sole.