Nike Nguba Shoes

Nguba

Nike Nguba

ragnorrox   Cross Country Rider [Apr 11, 2011]
Strength:

sheesh die already damn it! I've had these shoes forever...I have new shoes but still wear them during the summer (they do take in water pretty easy). But for the money they are a awesome shoe wish Nike still made them

water

toughest shoe I've ever owned

WCooke   Cross Country Rider [Mar 12, 2006]
Strength:

Perfect fit(and I have very wide feet), indestuctable, good grip on anything but slickrock.

Lasted to long. I wanted new shoes but the Nguba wouldn't give up so I just threw them out in 05. Sole was hard rubber so it slipped on slickrock.

Bought in 1997. I laugh at all of the other reviews that say how narrow this shoe is. I have wide feet and they fit great. I just couldn't kill these shoes. I went though 4 sets of pedals and 3 sets of crank arms with these shoes. I would buy another pair but Nike quit making them 9 years ago which makes me wonder why I'm writing this review.

Similar Products Used: sneakers and powergrips, spiked pedals bare feet and barbed wire.
js   Cross Country Rider [Jun 14, 2006]
Strength:

low cost

brittle sole. I cracked the a sole on mine after a coupla months of medium use. Nike wouldn't replace them. Also, were
dreadful in the wet, acting like a spoonge.

seemed like they'd be a good cost-effective shoe but I wish I'd just sprung for a pair of Sidis in the first place

Similar Products Used: Sidi Dominator
Jan Pittner   Weekend Warrior [Jul 18, 1999]
Strength:

Looks nice, comfy, stays tight

Bottom of shoe in front is falling off.

Didn't last too long. If I had kept the receipt, Nike would have replaced 'em, but I didn't keep it. So if you buy this or ANY Nike shoe, keep the receipt for 2 years cause they'll warranty the shoe for that long.

Similar Products Used: Specialized something or the others.
J   Cross Country Rider [Jan 10, 2001]
Strength:

they are holding up fairly well for being quite low priced Nikes. they have been great since I "stretched them"

WAY too narrow. does anyone on this planet have 3 inch wide, size 10 feet? should have returned them, but kept thinking they would "break in" better. they didn't

these shoes were ridiculously narrow; someone suggested to me that shoe repair shops can usually stretch shoes, so I tried it & it worked well. My alternative was to give or throw them away, my feet went numb after an hour of riding.

sho nuff   [Apr 11, 2000]

Decent shoes at a good price. They have held up well for over two years. The sole gives plenty of support, and the cleat pocket can be shaped to give decent engagement onto the pedal. The only gripe I have about these shoes is the fit. They are very narrow, but after about 30 minutes of riding your feet are so numb you don't even notice it! If you can still find them, and you have skinny feet, buy 'em. Otherwise, find a better fitting shoe. I wish I had.

Cam   Cross Country Rider [Apr 28, 2003]
Strength:

The shoe actually fits. Fairly durable.

Laces.

Bike shoes are like anything else. If they don't fit in the store, they're not going to fit on the ride. Anyone complaining about the shoe being narrow should have tried it on first.

I've ridden these for nearly four years and have finally broke the foot plate in half. Pretty durable if you ask me. Easy to walk in and comfortable. The leather is a bit tough to clean and they soak up water like a sponge. But, now that they're gone I'll never buy another bike shoe with laces.

All in all, I didn't pay a whole lot and they lasted longer than my last bike.

Cole Eslinger   Weekend Warrior [Jun 18, 1999]
Strength:

strong sole, good walking grip!

painful!!!!!! The shoe is by far too narrow even for a 16 year old foot, as soon as the ride gets intense the shoe really starts to hurt the sides of your foot no matter how long it is...

Do not buy the Nguba.... you won't regret it!!

Similar Products Used: Nike Inya
Chris C.   Cross Country Rider [Sep 25, 2000]
Strength:

They fit.

They're crap.

These shoes suck!!! I bought the nguba in july 1995 and broke the sole in august 1995. It cracked right under the cleat. So I sent them back to Nike with a letter telling them about there lousy shoe. about three months later I get a pair of the "new and improved" ngubas in the mail which are about 10 times more narrow than the ones I had, I couldn't even begin to get my foot into them. I gave them to a friend who broke them in about 2 months.
Anyway, while I was waiting for Nike to get their act together, I bought a pair of Alpinestars(can't remeber the model) which were the most comfortable & reliable shoes I have ever used.

If anyone knows where I can find Alpinestar Shoes, Please let me know!!!